Citizen Promaster NY0040

koimaster
Founder

Citizen Promaster NY0040

Post by koimaster » September 20th 2021, 9:03pm

Why My Citizen Promaster NY0040 Is The Only Diver In My Collection That Actually Goes Diving

A Diver’s Dive Watch

I’m sure that at some point or another in our watch collecting we have all fantasized about using our watches for the task they were designed for. Whether it be ripping around a racetrack in a souped-up deathtrap of a single-seater while rocking a vintage Rolex Daytona, gambling and drinking the night away in a smokey NYC jazz club backroom with a Cartier Tank, or lifting off from the Kennedy Space Center, moon-bound with an Omega Speedmaster on your wrist. Well, as far-fetched as some of those fantasies maybe, some are more achievable than others. In my case, It was a Citizen Promaster NY0040 and a holiday on Lanzarote, as well as a dive shop opposite my Air BnB that beckoned me, like a siren’s song, into the ocean’s murky depths.

This Citizen diver may not be the most iconic dive watch out there, but it does have quite an impressive history, as well as the specs to make it a thoroughbred diver. I can freely admit that this watch was never on my radar. As you might have read in my previous article on the Seiko 7002, it was the Seiko SKX line that firmly held my novice watch collector’s attention. However, being a student at the time the price was not one that I could even think about paying. I did know one thing — I wanted a proper automatic dive watch.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/citizen ... ive-watch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Citizen Promaster NY0040

Post by conjurer » September 20th 2021, 10:13pm

It was in March, that my girlfriend and I decided to go on holiday to the Canary Islands. After some research, by which I mean that we checked where we could fly to from Nuremberg via Madrid for less than €40, we decided that our destination would be Lanzarote. In the couple of days that we spent in Madrid, visiting friends and family, I made my way over to a small watch store on the corner of Alonso Cano and Viriato where I asked the watchmaker to test the watch’s water resistance, a test which it passed with flying colors.

At this point, I found myself hoping that the author's watch failed during diving, and he fucking perished.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Citizen Promaster NY0040

Post by conjurer » September 21st 2021, 11:27am

nimbleboy wrote:
September 21st 2021, 8:51am
Yeah, the dude's a bad writer.

Edited to add that I'm guessing English isn't his first language so maybe it's an editor problem.
Actually, his poor writing wasn't my point. I was just pissed that he's young, and jetting off to the fucking Canary Islands to lie on white sand beach whilst his hot girlfriend is sucking his dick like she'd been poisoned and the antidote was in his balls. And I'm hanging out with you stupid bastards!!

Return to “Citizen”