Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: WTF?GTFOOH/FTF'nW

Post by Thunder1 » November 11th 2019, 7:13pm

AntFarm wrote:
November 11th 2019, 5:52pm
WoW... That's a lot to look at.
Yep..gives the Breitling Navitimer a run for its money...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 11th 2019, 8:44pm

I think that thing might be able to order ya a cheeseburger.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » November 12th 2019, 5:14pm

Rusty wrote:
November 12th 2019, 11:25am
Please note some Citizen designer had a sense of humor when he/she put a statement at 7 o'clock=UNABLE TO PROCEED.
And the 'Require Doctor' bezel entry at the 1:00 mark is for those that actually buy the damn thang...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 12th 2019, 5:57pm

I like Citizen. I had a good look at quite a number of their watches. They're really well-made, and usually reasonably priced. Of course, some have a small detail fucking them up, like an odd lug width.

But...

Great Scott! 'Tis one fucking hideous hockey puck, this thing. Silly toy.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 12th 2019, 8:06pm

Okay...I gotta play devil's advocate here. Might this watch be Citizen's answer to the Breitling Emergency, but for air travel?

I mean...those letter codes next to the "statements" ("Unable To Proceed"). Might, since this is GPS equipped, be meant to be a watch used to contact others in case of an emergency? Could its signal be picked up by flight towers? Those are ground-air emergency signal codes. Why would they write them on the dial unless there was a way to communicate them with ... well, somebody.

Confusing, at least to a civilian such as myself.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 12th 2019, 8:57pm

TemerityB wrote:
November 12th 2019, 8:06pm
Okay...I gotta play devil's advocate here. Might this watch be Citizen's answer to the Breitling Emergency, but for air travel?

I mean...those letter codes next to the "statements" ("Unable To Proceed"). Might, since this is GPS equipped, be meant to be a watch used to contact others in case of an emergency? Could its signal be picked up by flight towers? Those are ground-air emergency signal codes. Why would they write them on the dial unless there was a way to communicate them with ... well, somebody.

Seiko did this too, on the chapter ring of the very fine SARB059, which I once owned, but like a dick, sold. Now they're going for insane money.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » November 15th 2019, 8:20am

TemerityB wrote:
November 12th 2019, 8:06pm

There is indeed a way to communicate with them beyond GPS. They serve as an aide memoire if you happen to be wearing this watch when you're stranded on a desert island and need to scratch out a message in the sand or snow or lay out one from branches in order to communicate with an air search. "Help!" is good, but "need food" or "need a doctor" communicates a more specific emergency.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Rusty
Master of Time

Post by Rusty » November 15th 2019, 9:48am

Based upon succeeding comments, I took a second look at this watch and see that the functions are for emergency purposes. That and the fact that it is SOLD OUT on the Citizen website makes me re-think my original observation.
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » November 16th 2019, 6:09pm

codguy wrote:
November 13th 2019, 3:58am
Why do "fun loving", non stick-in-the-mud "traditionalist" WIS not understand that some people might like this one in our "hobby"?
:slap: COD is that you?
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason

Return to “Citizen”