Citizen Premieres on ShopPU

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Citizen Premieres on ShopPU

Post by TemerityB » November 1st 2019, 7:27pm

Well, batter me with buttermilk and call me breakfast - Slop, as I write this, has a show on called "Citizen Premiere" - all Citizen watches for an hour I guess. There's some kind of rep here and I can't tell if the guy is actually from Citizen or just some guy they threw on there since the watches might be gray, but there it all is. Somewhat shocking since you'd have figured that with the new VP LaDingo, they would have thrown off all other brands in favor of Aquaman Bolts - but there this is.

Looks like older Citi models, the prices seem meh, and I wouldn't bother. Glance if you're so inclined.

https://www.shophq.com/b/watches/citize ... _2-Citizen
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Citizen Premieres on ShopPU

Post by conjurer » November 1st 2019, 8:24pm

I wouldn't walk across the street for those prices. I can find a better selection (and better prices) at my local Macy's, with some blue-haired Ukrainian babushka to sell 'em to me.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 1st 2019, 9:10pm

conjurer wrote:
November 1st 2019, 8:24pm
I wouldn't walk across the street for those prices. I can find a better selection (and better prices) at my local Macy's, with some blue-haired Ukrainian babushka to sell 'em to me.
Damn skippy. If I want a Promaster, I want it handed to me by Pirini Scleroso.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 1st 2019, 10:14pm

TemerityB wrote:
November 1st 2019, 9:10pm
conjurer wrote:
An SCTV reference! My day is complete.

In it's day, from the late 1970s to the early 80s, SCTV, a comedy import from Canada, highlighted by plenty of soon-to-be bigs in the Laff Industry, like John Candy, Eugene Levy, Harold Ramis and, of course, Andrea Martin. Long before meta-humor became a thing, SCTV (which parodied a small town TV station), stacked jokes upon jokes until they ended up as a small Everest (!) of gags. For instance: Joe Flaherty did a mean Slim Whitman impression; and so, when SCTV did their bombshell Evita commercial spoof with Indira Gandhi (also played by Andrea Martin), they cast Flaherty as Punji Whitman:

Interestingly, way back when I was in college, I was tasked in writing some stuff for a proposed public access comedy show, tentatively titled The Urbana Subway. One of my ideas was this very gag, a parody of the Evita commercial--which played all over America and, I suppose, the Western World--featuring instead Indira Gandhi. This was before the SCTV parody ever aired (or, at least, before I saw it.) I'm glad to say that the SCTV version was far, far better than mine, which was never made, or aired.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 2nd 2019, 8:20am

conjurer wrote:
November 1st 2019, 10:14pm
TemerityB wrote:
November 1st 2019, 9:10pm
conjurer wrote:
An SCTV reference! My day is complete.

In it's day, from the late 1970s to the early 80s, SCTV, a comedy import from Canada, highlighted by plenty of soon-to-be bigs in the Laff Industry, like John Candy, Eugene Levy, Harold Ramis and, of course, Andrea Martin. Long before meta-humor became a thing, SCTV (which parodied a small town TV station), stacked jokes upon jokes until they ended up as a small Everest (!) of gags. For instance: Joe Flaherty did a mean Slim Whitman impression; and so, when SCTV did their bombshell Evita commercial spoof with Indira Gandhi (also played by Andrea Martin), they cast Flaherty as Punji Whitman:

Interestingly, way back when I was in college, I was tasked in writing some stuff for a proposed public access comedy show, tentatively titled The Urbana Subway. One of my ideas was this very gag, a parody of the Evita commercial--which played all over America and, I suppose, the Western World--featuring instead Indira Gandhi. This was before the SCTV parody ever aired (or, at least, before I saw it.) I'm glad to say that the SCTV version was far, far better than mine, which was never made, or aired.
SCTV was different, and it sure was funny. However, I've always said I'd run off with Pirini Scleroso - totally oblivious and always upbeat. :wink:

Return to “Citizen”