Promaster Tsuno

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Promaster Tsuno

Post by Racer-X » February 24th 2019, 2:19pm

Hands-On

"In March of 2018, Citizen revealed the Promaster Tsuno Chronograph Racer, a 1970s inspired bullhead chronograph developed to commemorate a century of the company’s operation. The watch was considered a quick success among pundits and enthusiasts after its announcement, and I’ve been looking forward to going hands-on with it ever since. About a month ago, I received word from Citizen that the watch was ready, and a week after that, it was strapped to my wrist for the better part of two weeks."

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/citizen-promaster-tsuno-chronograph-racer-bullhead-review/
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » February 24th 2019, 10:18pm

The bullies not bad at all. The first one is just goofy.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 24th 2019, 11:06pm

Not big on bullheads - I like super complicated quawrtz wartches, though, and I like the dial the more I look at it but the strap is a deal killer.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Citizen Tsuno Eco-Drive Chronograph Racer

Post by koimaster » April 6th 2019, 2:42pm

image.png

Watchmaking has some apparent fundamental dichotomies across which no bridge (apparently) can be thrown: in-house vs. ébauche, date window vs. no date window, 38mm or smaller vs. everything. Probably the most basic, of course, is quartz vs. mechanical – if connoisseurship is defined to some degree by what it rejects, the first thing budding watch connoisseurs generally do is reject quartz watches out of hand (I sure did). However, as with the in-house movement debate, it turns out that the reality is considerably more nuanced, as well as much more interesting, and watches that have a foot in both worlds make up a small but significant part of modern watchmaking history.

Of course, such watches can be very polarizing – the Seiko Spring Drive watches, for example, had a very uphill battle to find acceptance among serious watch enthusiasts but with the passage of time, and the telling of their story in greater detail, Spring Drive has become more and more accepted as part of the modern, fine watchmaking landscape. Seiko is not the only company that has combined some aspects of quartz technology with mechanical technology – one of the most explored alternatives to a pure mechanical or pure quartz watch has been in the production of chronographs, with Jaeger-LeCoultre's so-called mecha-quartz (or méca-quartz) chronograph caliber 631, which was developed in 1987, one of the better known examples.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/citiz ... ntroducing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
labman
Watchlord WIS

Re: Citizen Tsuno Eco-Drive Chronograph Racer

Post by labman » April 6th 2019, 3:13pm

Well I should have read a little deeper into the article because they actually state

"The new Tsuno chronograph's caliber E210 is basically the caliber 2100 with the movement rotated 90 degrees to the left, in keeping with the usual procedure for adapting a chronograph movement to a bullhead configuration."

At least they are being upfront about it.
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 6th 2019, 4:23pm

Think of some nice car from the 1970s. Now imagine it being subjected to "countryside visual tuning" with a redundant body-kit and whatthefucknot, making it look like a vacuum cleaner. Well, that's more or less what Citizen did. They took a nice 1970s design and shamelessly fucked it up.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » April 9th 2019, 10:30pm

foghorn wrote:Integrated strap. See ya later

There a lot of straps for this and others that are similar. I guess I am alone in liking this watch. :scratch:

1946-2006

Budman2k

Post by Budman2k » September 3rd 2019, 11:26am

koimaster wrote:
April 9th 2019, 10:30pm
There a lot of straps for this and others that are similar. I guess I am alone in liking this watch. :scratch:
You're not alone. There are at least two of us :Thumbsup:

I actually saw the black & white version but haven't seen the one I posted in person yet.

Budman
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 3rd 2019, 11:43am

Budman2k wrote:
September 3rd 2019, 11:26am
koimaster wrote:
April 9th 2019, 10:30pm
You're not alone. There are at least two of us :Thumbsup:

I actually saw the black & white version but haven't seen the one I posted in person yet.

Budman
I own that watch. Purchased after some prodding from my daughter. The original price was $794, with discount down to $601. Then I found it new at the bay from an AD for $424. Nice watch, feels good on the wrist and for the price it was better then some out there.

1946-2006

Return to “Citizen”