STOWA MARINE ORIGINAL REVIEW

eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: STOWA MARINE ORIGINAL REVIEW

Post by eddiea » August 1st 2014, 2:37pm

foghorn wrote:I find the majority of Stowas offerings rather insipid.Perhaps others will chime in with their own personal opinions.

Some of the designs are bland others, like the Seatime/Prodiver I like , fit/finish is excellent, furnace blue screws and hands, nicely decorated movements on the Unitas stuff , overall well adjusted movements ...priced right for what you getting in return, very nice on Eddie's scale.
Last edited by eddiea on July 9th 2016, 9:34am, edited 1 time in total.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » August 1st 2014, 3:45pm

AJC wrote:
foghorn wrote:I find the majority of Stowas offerings rather insipid.

Yup.

What's insipid mean?

unimaginative, uninspired, uninspiring, characterless, flat, uninteresting, lackluster, dull, drab, boring, dry, humdrum, ho-hum, monochrome, tedious, uneventful, run-of-the-mill, commonplace, pedestrian, trite, tired, hackneyed, stale, lame, wishy-washy, colorless, anemic, lifeless

:D
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 2nd 2014, 10:39pm

Fricker is a case manufacturer in Germany. Stowa uses their cases. Also, it sounds funny, as so many German names and words do.

I had a Stowa Prodiver for awhile, and it was a genuinely nice watch. Like the dildo that I am, I ended up selling it.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 3rd 2014, 2:11am

conjurer wrote:Fricker is a case manufacturer in Germany. Stowa uses their cases. Also, it sounds funny, as so many German names and words do.

I had a Stowa Prodiver for awhile, and it was a genuinely nice watch. Like the dildo that I am, I ended up selling it.

Donkey chains, Hair Conjerruer!
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » August 3rd 2014, 7:49am

The only one that has caught my eye repeatedly is the lime dialed Prodiver. It has been stuck in my brain for a year. Just too damned expensive for what it is though.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989

Return to “Stowa”