Just kill me already

bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Just kill me already

Post by bbattle » November 21st 2019, 4:04pm

After seeing some of the " I want to be made whole again" threads, I went out and found one on my own.

https://watchintyme.com/forum/shophq-ge ... e-only-117

The watch was described thusly: "A cool bargain on a visually intense, time piece.Thanks Lee." - dayc002

A perpetual supply of ipecac you wear on your wrist. How convenient.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Just kill me already

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 21st 2019, 5:54pm

Looks like that crown guard prevents the crown from falling off; that is until the crown guard itself falls off, obviously. The cable is there to - while the watch still functions - attract attention at a local ghey club. When it stops working, because key parts fell off, it's there to increase the scrap metal value. Of course, that's unless it falls off as well.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 21st 2019, 9:15pm

bbattle wrote:
November 21st 2019, 4:04pm

A perpetual supply of ipecac you wear on your wrist.
What a line. Just killer. :trophy:
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 21st 2019, 11:28pm

3Flushes wrote:
November 21st 2019, 10:58pm
biglove wrote:
November 21st 2019, 6:12pm
Only $117 for it? Sign me up for six dozen.
Sad. Even the 'ol Reserve line ain't what it never was anymore.
Indeed. For a long time, I thought Invicter's slide to appalling started at around the time of the financial crash, in 2008. Up until then, the Reserve line was meant for those Invicter collectors who could, I don't know, actually button up a four button vest correctly. According to Satan Lalo, only the "top five percent" of Swiss wartchemakers could work on a Reserve wartche. They were all Swiss. They were made, presumably, at Invicter's Very Hard To Find Swiss factories.

And then, the market blew up, and the sky fell, and we were standing on the abyss of a new Great Depression.

Suddenly, and with a surprisingly fast turn-around, the Reserve wartchs turned to shit, and the price dropped accordingly. Looking back, I surmise that this turn-around was actually far too fast, and that Invicter Reserves were actually pieces of shit all along, and the crash allowed Eyal, ever the opportunist grifter, to reprice his Reserve wartchs for what they always were, overpriced pieces of fucking shit that he repriced down so he could keep the grift going.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but underestimating the value of Invicter is always a safe bet.

Regarding the OP's wartche: It's an appallingly vulgar piece of fucking shit,
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » November 22nd 2019, 12:14am

conjurer wrote:
November 21st 2019, 11:28pm
3Flushes wrote:
November 21st 2019, 10:58pm
biglove wrote:
November 21st 2019, 6:12pm
Only $117 for it? Sign me up for six dozen.
Sad. Even the 'ol Reserve line ain't what it never was anymore.
Indeed. For a long time, I thought Invicter's slide to appalling started at around the time of the financial crash, in 2008. Up until then, the Reserve line was meant for those Invicter collectors who could, I don't know, actually button up a four button vest correctly. According to Satan Lalo, only the "top five percent" of Swiss wartchemakers could work on a Reserve wartche. They were all Swiss. They were made, presumably, at Invicter's Very Hard To Find Swiss factories.

And then, the market blew up, and the sky fell, and we were standing on the abyss of a new Great Depression.

Suddenly, and with a surprisingly fast turn-around, the Reserve wartchs turned to shit, and the price dropped accordingly. Looking back, I surmise that this turn-around was actually far too fast, and that Invicter Reserves were actually pieces of shit all along, and the crash allowed Eyal, ever the opportunist grifter, to reprice his Reserve wartchs for what they always were, overpriced pieces of fucking shit that he repriced down so he could keep the grift going.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but underestimating the value of Invicter is always a safe bet.

Regarding the OP's wartche: It's an appallingly vulgar piece of fucking shit,
I'll never forget the first IR wartche that came with a $9.00 Chinese G10; that was towards the end of my disillusionment. I'll never forget that hockey puck, uhm, it was the Poison- no, uhm the Toxin, the Virus, no, the Malice- that's it, the Malice. What a piece of shit. Yep, that's right, the Malice, that was the one that was the beginning of the end of the line that had never really begun.

Yep, yep, I'll never forget it, the fucking Malice.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 23rd 2019, 2:38pm

3Flushes wrote:
November 23rd 2019, 9:45am
codguy wrote:
November 22nd 2019, 5:09am
Betcha the rodent has one.
How could a guy so full of spite and malice not have one. In every variation.
You guys nailed it.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » November 24th 2019, 1:15pm

It gives willfully horrible taste a bad name...

“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “I want to be made whole again”