I Want To Be Made Whole--Aerowatch!!

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

I Want To Be Made Whole--Aerowatch!!

Post by conjurer » September 6th 2019, 5:08pm

What the fuc--Aerowatch? That was a TeeVee brand they tried to sell on Shop (and failed) years ago. Now, here's some jumbalone on Reddit--which seems to be the slum of second-hand wartchs--trying to sell one for 2400 bones. GLWS, bro!:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/ ... aph_64908/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: I Want To Be Made Whole--Aerowatch!!

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 6th 2019, 5:48pm

conjurer wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:08pm
What the fuc--Aerowatch? That was a TeeVee brand they tried to sell on Shop (and failed) years ago.
Yeah, this one's definitely from the telly wartche era of that trademark; the original Aerowatch Neuchatel company was a different thing entirely. Pity to see another once-decent brand name in the telly sewer.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 6th 2019, 5:56pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:48pm
conjurer wrote:
What the fuc--Aerowatch? That was a TeeVee brand they tried to sell on Shop (and failed) years ago.
Yeah, this one's definitely from the telly wartche era of that trademark; the original Aerowatch Neuchatel company was a different thing entirely. Pity to see another once-decent brand name in the telly sewer.
Interestingly, I recall the stuff from Aerowatch (the newer brand) being pretty decent quality. Again, you can score a gray market 7751 watch for around $1200-1300, from a known brand, everyday of the week.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » September 6th 2019, 6:01pm

From the seller:

Hello everyone. We have on the offering table a full set Aerowatch 1942 full calendar chronograph 64908 AA01limited edition of 200. With blue moonphase, day, month, date indicators, night/day indicator and 24 hour register on the left subdial (with the running seconds hand), and minute and hour register sub-dials on the 12 and 6. Complete with blued hands. This watch is as utility+steampunk as it gets. It's pretty insane every time I look at her. The OEM tough black leather strap comes with original deployant buckle and was never used by me as I replaced the strap on the first day. The watch had been loved and worn carefully by only myself. Clean on all accounts without any damage but I must first say that as the shape of the steel case is extremely domed with heavy slope, there is noticeable signs of wear alongside the edge of the case. Because of this factor the watch is not anywhere near mint but please understand that the movement and parts are as good as it gets. I've worn her 30-35 times and she's not getting the wrist-time she should.

Now a little about the obscure brand and this particular piece. The company is not hugely successful but nevertheless has always produced watches at a low quantity, annually over 100y now. Most of their watches are these "skeletonized" pieces that you can find everywhere. Even the regular "limited edition" 1942 only looks similar to this model, but is produced in quantities of 500 and does not come with all the functions. To me this is the best gem hidden in their collection, but that's just preference. The watch is objectively rare. If you can find another identical reference on the market I will sell lower than their price.

Some other specs:

25 jewels – 28,800 vibrations per hour • Rhodium-plated, circular-grained movement with simple “Côte de Genève” decorations and blued screws • Minute counter at 12 o’clock with 2 apertures (day/month) • 12-hour counter and indication of the phase of the moon at 6 o’clock • Steel case with transparent case-back - 42.00mm diameter • Silvered dial, engine-turned in the centre with Roman numerals • Domed sapphire crystal • Swiss made 5ATM

Asking $2,400 (flexible. as. always.), shipping CONUS. F&F preferred.

Only asking $2400 and it's utility AND steampunk. A real bargain.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 6th 2019, 6:54pm

conjurer wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:56pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:48pm
conjurer wrote:
Interestingly, I recall the stuff from Aerowatch (the newer brand) being pretty decent quality. Again, you can score a gray market 7751 watch for around $1200-1300, from a known brand, everyday of the week.
Looking at their current line-up, the bottom line is that it's not bad. Still, when one looks at the original Aerowatch pieces from, say, the 1940s, the new stuff can - at best - shine the shoes of the original brand.
Again, that's not to say the current ones are bad, it's just that the old stuff looked far better.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 6th 2019, 9:08pm

Aerowatch, Rodania, Anonimo, Hublot ... let's call the whole thing off.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “I want to be made whole again”