The New Dan Henry 1937

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

The New Dan Henry 1937

Post by TemerityB » July 22nd 2020, 5:22pm

Got an email from Dan Henry:

Inspired by Art Deco style, the 1937 Chronograph is my homage to the elegant urban lifestyle of the 1930s Metropolis.

The 1937 is my ninth creation, and with each model, I face new challenges. For the 1937, my biggest challenge was creating the rectangular buttons without the unattractive frame used for pushers on modern watches. A challenge of a different kind was designing the dial with its intricate yet functional details – a design even more complex than the dials we used on our sold-out 1939 Black and 1947 models.

I have included a rare detail from the past: drilled lugs, which in addition to being charming, simplify the process of changing straps (if you don’t use one of our easy-change straps). So while creating the 1937 was a particularly laborious project, I think you will find that it is worth the effort.

The 1937 Dress Chronograph is available with your choice of four dial styles and colors, and with or without the date function. Two leather straps are included with your order, and a total of six strap colors are available for additional purchase.

Specs: $270
Seiko VK64 Mecaquartz
Sapphire coated double domed K1 mineral glass with Anti-Reflective treatment
39mm stainless steel 316L
12.7mm thickness
20mm lug width
46.1mm lug to lug
100 feet WR
Screw back case

https://danhenrywatches.com/products/19 ... hronograph

Dan Henry also noted in the email that there are reviews of the watch on YouTube by The Urban Gentry (who I thought was retired, but hey) and at Time + Tide.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: The New Dan Henry 1937

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 22nd 2020, 6:36pm

That’s seriously fucking cool. I like the versions with the VK61 inside - the vertical layout’s a wee bit like in old Venus 170, and there’s no 24h subdial.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The New Dan Henry 1937

Post by TemerityB » July 22nd 2020, 7:51pm

All I know is that I own two DH (one auto, one quartz) and they're okay. At their price points, the case work and the overall quality is about as good is gets. Ordering direct takes forever, as I recall. As for these, I do like the styling. The hands on some of the models are a nice touch.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Dan Henry”