Dan Henry 1972

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Dan Henry 1972

Post by TemerityB » November 16th 2018, 3:14pm

So I get an email today (I got to see this watch at the W&W fair a couple of weeks ago):

We have a new watch: the Dan Henry 1972 Chrono Alarm, with a 12-hour chronograph, alarm, and tachymeter.

The 1972 is available in your choice of black PVD or matte stainless steel, with a 41mm case and sapphire crystal. This is the ultimate tool watch.

In the 70s, the oceans and space had already been conquered and were no longer novelties. It was a time for breaking records on earth. Cars and motorcycles were getting faster, and supersonic flights were more accessible; the Concorde generation was born, watches became super-watches, it was a time when engineers became designers.

The Dan Henry 1972 Chrono alarm is my most sophisticated project. I chose the Miyota 0S80 to run this watch -- a strong, reliable movement that can control the unique configuration of its eight hands. I can almost say that this movement is a Dan Henry exclusive because no other brand has the patience to wait the ten months needed for production by Miyota (Citizen).

The Dan Henry 1972 can be shipped now to our European and Asian customers. It will be ready to ship to our American customers on November 26th.

Happy collecting,
Dan Henry

https://danhenrywatches.com/
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Dan Henry 1972

Post by foghorn » November 16th 2018, 4:05pm

I saw that too. It's a great looking watch. I like the stainless version. Luckily I'm not buying any more chronos so I'm protected from this one. I just sold my last 2 Dan Henry chronos and only have a couple left that I'm probably going to keep.

This is the most expensice DH to date, but based on what I've seen it's probably well worth the price.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » November 16th 2018, 5:07pm

MarkIIonHodinkeeRally1.jpg

probably belongs in the clone section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 16th 2018, 8:51pm

koimaster wrote:
MarkIIonHodinkeeRally1.jpg

probably belongs in the clone section

No, not really. Quite a number of brands had similar designs. To name just a few: Heuer (Pasadena and all its "poor man's" versions by brands like LeJour), Sinn, the Eterna and Porsche Design collaboration...
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 16th 2018, 10:15pm

foghorn wrote:All of Dan Henrys watches are homages/clones to past classics. I think DH owns most of the original pieces. He has a vintage colection that kicks azz.

https://www.timeline.watch/?year_filter=1970

Yeah, he really does. I don't think DH himself was at the W&W thing this year, but I'll be damned if his rep didn't remember me from last year. I was impressed by that. I didn't pick up the 1972, but it's a sensible size, which is refreshing. But I'm sure it runs great and I liked the look of the silver one particularly. The 1964 was the one, now that I think of it, that I found to be the least appealing of the entire line - it looks great in photos but felt flimsy in real time. But I do own the '68 and the '70 and I couldn't be happier with them.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Dan Henry”