Dan Henry 1962

MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Dan Henry 1962

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 8th 2019, 12:21pm

Yesterday, Time+Tide has announced the news of Dan Henry releasing a "racing chronograph" today. Just appeared on the DH site - called the 1962:
https://danhenrywatches.com/collections/vintage-watches/products/1962-racing-chronograph

38mm, available in date and no-date versions. Sadly, because it has a Seiko VK-64 inside, the watch is equipped with a fuck-useless 24h indicator.

Design-wise: a mash-up of the Speedmaster, "Paul Newman" Daytona, and the Universal Geneve "Evil Nina."
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Re: Dan Henry 1962

Post by biglove » July 8th 2019, 12:58pm

The bracelet and clasp on the DH chrono I owned was not good. It left a great deal to be desired. Otherwise, not a bad looking watch from him yet.

Have to admit that the watch felt fragile to me.
Last edited by biglove on July 8th 2019, 6:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never insult anyone by accident."-Robert A. Heinlein

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Rusty (Online)
Master of Time

Post by Rusty » July 8th 2019, 1:58pm

I thought the case on the 1963 model was too wide and this one is too narrow. The size of the 1972 is just right but it's about a hundred bucks more than it should be.
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 8th 2019, 4:22pm

foghorn wrote:Nice size. Not too bad but I wish he'd get off the chrono kick and make another 3 hander.

Amen. Especially that the guy has, like, a ton of absolutely fucking stunning 3-handers in his collection, so he isn't exactly short on stuff that can serve as an inspiration.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 8th 2019, 6:16pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
Design-wise: a mash-up of the Speedmaster, "Paul Newman" Daytona, and the Universal Geneve "Evil Nina."

Nice description; right on the money. Unfortunately, that's two straight reveals that leave me cold. I think my two DH are gonna be my two DH.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Dan Henry”