THE USUAL SUSPECTS AND THE ROLEX ‘DEEP SEA SPECIAL’ NO. 1 SCHEME

smellody (Online)
Owner

THE USUAL SUSPECTS AND THE ROLEX ‘DEEP SEA SPECIAL’ NO. 1 SCHEME

Post by smellody » February 26th 2024, 4:14pm

My 2021 article debunking the false claims made by super scholars like Auro Montanari and Eric Tortella, relating to the famous ‘bathyscaphe watch’, the Rolex ‘Deep Sea Special’ No. 1, did not get the traction an in-depth research piece of its magnitude deserved. But then again, that was before the Speedmaster Gate and we live in a different world now. Ol’ Montanari, I hear, has yet to come to terms with this new reality. Although the amount of evidence was staggering, a picture showing the actual height of the crystal, hence refuting the low crystal nonsense perpetuated by the usual suspects was missing. Until now! Besides finding more articles from 1954 showing the actual 1953 record watch, a report published in February 1962 in the ‘Journal Suisse d’Horlogerie’ vindicates my work to 100%. In a sane world, this definitive evidence would put the false story to rest, once and for all. As we all know, however, the world of watches has its own reality and we will see whether Hodinkee and co will set the record straight in their articles, where they, mindlessly as usual, perpetuated nothing but fairy tales.

https://perezcope.com/2024/02/24/the-us ... -1-scheme/
bedlam (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Re: THE USUAL SUSPECTS AND THE ROLEX ‘DEEP SEA SPECIAL’ NO. 1 SCHEME

Post by bedlam » February 26th 2024, 5:31pm

Rolex involved in marketing falsehoods and scams...golly, who would have thought!!

Next you'll be telling me they weren't actually the first watch at the top of Everest!!
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
gerdson

Post by gerdson » February 26th 2024, 11:55pm

Interesting. So did I read correctly, and just to round it off - that book also mentions a no. 2, for which there is otherwise no evidence? Like if the author is taking his time to prepare their audience for another attic find a few further years down the road, when they have run out of cash again?
About nothinkee, well, all has earlier been said by mkvintagebloke, if I recall correctly.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » February 27th 2024, 6:28pm

I did the BIGGEST poo yesterday. Without a word of a lie, it filled up like a third of the bowl. Displaced all the water. I looked in and it was like some evil sicko had dumped three or four severed brown toddler's arms in there. Fuck me dead. I floated out of the bathroom afterwards.

Didn't know where to post this, couldn't find a subforum.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Rolex & Tudor”