New Invicta sized Rolex

Hawk
ASSHAT

Re: New Invicta sized Rolex

Post by Hawk » November 6th 2022, 11:24am

Rolex has been a master of form elegantly following function. And that invicter-sized watch was designed to be strapped to the exterior of Cameron’s Deep Sea Challenger.

As such I don’t think it would be “hating” or even negative to note that, perhaps for the first time in Rolex history, it was not designed to be worn by a human. And I would lust after the thing if I was a submarine. But I’m not a submersible so I’m happy enough to view it as a technology exercise.

Still, I feel oddly compelled to fish my Tuna from the bowels of the watch box - maybe take it for a spin. I suppose the fact that Rolex could pull it off without overly exceeding the size of the Tuna is plenty impressive.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: New Invicta sized Rolex

Post by smellody » November 6th 2022, 1:12pm

Hawk wrote:
November 6th 2022, 11:24am
Rolex has been a master of form elegantly following function. And that invicter-sized watch was designed to be strapped to the exterior of Cameron’s Deep Sea Challenger.

As such I don’t think it would be “hating” or even negative to note that, perhaps for the first time in Rolex history, it was not designed to be worn by a human. And I would lust after the thing if I was a submarine. But I’m not a submersible so I’m happy enough to view it as a technology exercise.

Still, I feel oddly compelled to fish my Tuna from the bowels of the watch box - maybe take it for a spin. I suppose the fact that Rolex could pull it off without overly exceeding the size of the Tuna is plenty impressive.

It is an engineering feat. I don't believe poor Tow-bea believes it is real. Perhaps the hot sun down under got to him. Or too much vegemite!

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”