Rolex Sub with Ceramic Dial: Broken pip

Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Rolex Sub with Ceramic Dial: Broken pip

Post by Datsun240Z71 » November 2nd 2021, 2:00pm

I have a TT Sub with the ceramic bezel. Model # 116613. The raised pip on the bezel is broken. I've had two watch repair places here in Nashville look at it, and neither could replace the pip. Ironically, one shop had an older model in the showcase for sale with the aluminum bezel insert, and a cracked pip.

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge whether this can be done without replacing the entire bezel, or sending it back to Rolex to do what they may?

I intend to put out a few more feelers about this, and thanks for any help or guidance.

The crack is visible in this pic.

Last edited by Datsun240Z71 on November 2nd 2021, 3:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy in Nashville
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Rolex Sub with Ceramic Dial: Broken pip

Post by 3Flushes » November 2nd 2021, 6:43pm

An AD with an in-house watchmaker may have one, or could source one quickly. An AD could also send an inquiry to the main repair facility in New York to see what they say - they get back quickly - IDK if the public can call directly or not.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Re: Rolex Sub with Ceramic Dial: Broken pip

Post by Datsun240Z71 » November 19th 2021, 4:56am

UPDATE:
After visiting 4 different local watch repairmen, who all said "no", I finally went to the new Rolex store here in Nashville called The Diamond Cellar. Wow! The store is absolutely beautiful, and even has a "lounge" with a wet bar and a small event area which will host musical guests. They are also opening an annex for pre-owned watches which is not yet open. The diamonds and other jewelry and displays are just incredible.

https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/the ... tates.html

The Rolex inventory was low, as per normal these days, but they also had Cartier and Grand Seiko, which I had never seen in person. Impressive at the $6k+/- MSRPs of the ones I looked at briefly. Beautiful dial and bezel work, although the Power Reserve indicators are gimmicky to me.

Anyway... to replace the pip in the bezel, according to their in-house watchmaker, it would require a trip to a Rolex Service Center. I'll pass for now.
Randy in Nashville

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”