Introducing The Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925, With A Silver Case & Sapphire Caseback

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Introducing The Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925, With A Silver Case & Sapphire Caseback

Post by Thunder1 » April 7th 2021, 11:37am

Interesting!!...I'm curious to see how this one w/b rec'd out in the real world.... @!<$

You had me at "Taupe Black Bay."

The Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925 is Tudor's first-ever dive watch with a silver case (and one of two new precious metal Black Bay Fifty-Eight watches released today). It pairs that case with a warm taupe dial and bezel, which give the watch a look that is slightly softer overall than your usual steel-and-black diver. This isn't a watch that hits you over the head with how awesome and technical it is – rather, it whispers about how sophisticated and smart it is.

The silver alloy case has the same general profile as that of earlier BB58 models (including the OG and last year's Navy Blue), though it's a hair thicker at 12.7mm, versus 11.9mm. This is for good reason, though: This Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925 has a sapphire display back, letting you see the MT5400 manufacture movement inside.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tudor ... ntroducing
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Introducing The Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925, With A Silver Case & Sapphire Caseback

Post by 3Flushes » April 8th 2021, 2:47pm

I'm curious to see how they did the sterling case. The specs say the cases are made from a 'Tudor proprietary alloy' apparently tough enough to rate 200 M of water resistance - be interesting to see how it's formulated.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Introducing The Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925, With A Silver Case & Sapphire Caseback

Post by smellody » April 8th 2021, 11:43pm

conjurer wrote:
April 8th 2021, 10:43pm
I just passed up on a two-tone Tudor Black Bay because they use "gold-capped" center links on the bracelet. And conjurer don't play that shit.
Rolex did that too up until the six digit Daytona. Instead of capped, Rolex used bars of gold in the inset stainless and heated one and froze the other to allow the bar to adhere via tension in the end links and the clasp.

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”