Newbie Shopping for a Rolex

koimaster (Online)
Founder

Newbie Shopping for a Rolex

Post by koimaster » March 12th 2021, 12:04pm

Here's the extent of my relationship with watches: As a kid, I had a Snoopy Tennis Action watch, the one where his front leg is the hour hand, the racket is the minute hand, and a tennis ball is the seconds hand. I wanted it so badly. Then childhood passed, and it disappeared. That was 40 years ago. I haven't worn a watch since.

I do have an old dead watch from an old dead San Francisco men's store, still sitting in a drawer. Some guy I went on maybe 1 ½ dates with in 1999 gave it to me, very unromantically. I was in his apartment, I picked it up and looked at it, and he said, "Take that with you," even though I didn't even know I was leaving. I keep meaning to get it fixed because it's moderately cool (at least to me; at this point, I know nothing about what's really "cool"), but I've

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/we-se ... t-happened

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Newbie Shopping for a Rolex

Post by Pubbie » March 13th 2021, 10:11am

Refreshingly free of the shit you read on man-forums all the time. Wonderfully free of bias and spittle. Whereas Men of Rolex and other dumpster investors will be wanking themselves off at the idea of picking up a few OPs and turning them on Craig's the next day for a tidy four grand a pop. Fuckers.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » March 13th 2021, 11:36am

Ha, I'm still on a AD waiting list for a OP.
Since I've never purchased from that store before, I might as well not hold my breath..................and I didn't.

Added some coin & purchased a lovely Glashutte Original instead and couldn't be happier.

Super-Spreaders traveling to meca.....

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » March 13th 2021, 4:00pm

Woman goes to jewellery store, tries on watches. Wastes salesman's time. Doesn't buy anything. Leaves jewellery store.

Painful even to skim-read.
Last edited by jason_recliner on March 13th 2021, 5:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”