Rolex Stone dials

koimaster (Online)
Founder

Rolex Stone dials

Post by koimaster » January 20th 2021, 1:26am

Rolex Stone dials: All Stone types used for Dials by Rolex

Over the years, Rolex has produced an ungodly number of dials. Different models have different dials (for obvious reasons), but many of Rolex’s models are also available with a range of different dials. The models which have (and have always had) the largest selection of dials is the Day-Date and the Datejust. Some dials are more daring and unique and others, and some have only produced in smaller quantities, and are thus very rare and expensive.

Apart from experimenting with colors, Rolex has also, throughout its history, experimented with materials for its dials. One unique material that Rolex has experimented quite a lot with is stone. Over the years, Rolex has produced dials with a large number of different stone types. Some are still in production, whilst some have been discontinued many years ago, and thus only been produced in very limited numbers.

In this article, we will list all the different types of stone dials that Rolex has used for its watches. You may be surprised at how many different stone dials Rolex has produced, and may find dials that you have never seen before.

As you know, Rolex is a very conservative company, and thus dared to experiment more with different stone materials back then compared to today. Today, only a few stone dials are in production and available in current models, whereas back in the days, you had a larger selection of stone dials in production at the same time. Note that some stone dials are available in different iterations, for example with or without diamonds, and may this vary slightly.

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-stone-dials/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Rolex Stone dials

Post by MAX » January 20th 2021, 5:57am

Not my cup of tea on a Rolex but I do have a moss agate dial that I like.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 20th 2021, 5:21pm

Wouldn't toss any of them in the trash.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 22nd 2021, 4:12am

I don't like most of them - well, either that, or I'm ambivalent. With two exceptions. The green jasper dial looks cool. However, the onyx is just pure fucking class.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » July 30th 2021, 1:19pm

Bump for new folks and those who may have missed it given the recent focus on classic high-traditions in dial making.

I think most of these are pretty cool looking, and especially appreciate the craftsmanship required to produce them.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
Masshole

Post by Masshole » July 30th 2021, 5:22pm

3Flushes wrote:
July 30th 2021, 1:19pm
Bump for new folks and those who may have missed it given the recent focus on classic high-traditions in dial making.

I think most of these are pretty cool looking, and especially appreciate the craftsmanship required to produce them.
Such a great line of watches. My two favorites are the Pepsi meteorite and the Jurassic park watches. Very nice. Ranks right up there with the invicta sand stone aye?

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”