Artisans de Geneve - Honey Blue Challenge

biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Artisans de Geneve - Honey Blue Challenge

Post by biglove » December 3rd 2020, 1:50pm

Now THAT is a Grail watch worthy of the term.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 5th 2020, 12:39pm

Inquiring minds want to know the cost. Can't find it anywhere. Not even an estimate. Ballparks?
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 5th 2020, 6:49pm

AJC wrote:
December 5th 2020, 5:54pm
biglove wrote:
December 5th 2020, 12:39pm
Inquiring minds want to know the cost. Can't find it anywhere. Not even an estimate. Ballparks?
From a look at their clients (the ones that don't request to stay private anyway) I'd say A LOT

I can see it now...
"The Loaf Challenge" where they duplicate the results of the Rolex Honey Blue for me but on a $500 budget.

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 5th 2020, 6:49pm

AJC wrote:
December 5th 2020, 5:54pm
biglove wrote:
From a look at their clients (the ones that don't request to stay private anyway) I'd say A LOT

I can see it now...
"The Loaf Challenge" where they duplicate the results of the Rolex Honey Blue for me but on a $500 budget.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 6th 2020, 12:59pm

Hippocrits:

Remember this:

Rolex sues customizer:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47464&p=471632&hili ... ng#p471632

Not exactly same same but it would appear a great deal depends upon the end result- and uhh, let's face it; Rolex ought to hire the son of a bitch(es) who designed and executed that Daytona post fucking haste. This watch is more incredible than anything those guys have conceived of making in their wildest dreams.

Rolex pops out a couple's different colored dials and people go apeshit to buy them- the steel ones. IDK- a gold piece like that probably just isn't mass produceable. As our astute observer and reporter of the watch market, Ld. Temerity has noted, gold Rolex watches, especially those with stones and so forth sit in stock while steel models are in excruciatingly short supply.

Maybe these guys should do a couple'a steel watches for Rolex- Could be the manufacturing process for pieces like this wouldn't lend itself to large production numbers regardless of the case material. There must be a shop video of something they've done, but I turned up squat.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » December 7th 2020, 9:32am

Interesting stuff, 3F.

Was the customizer selling watches that were already modified? (From what I can gather from the article, it seems that way) Or was this an outfit that customized a customer's already owned Rolex?
That would be the only legal difference as far as I could tell.
Last edited by AJC on December 7th 2020, 9:52am, edited 1 time in total.
---
-ajc
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » December 7th 2020, 9:40am

biglove wrote:
Bit of a coincidence here but while browsing youtube videos I came across this video featuring a different custom Daytona from the same company. The owner claims it is worth $135,000.

I don't know exactly what customizations were done besides a skeletonized movement or what the base model is but it seems to have added $100k to the price.

That's about as ballpark as I think I can get.

https://youtu.be/7JDGjYBSqdY
Last edited by AJC on December 7th 2020, 9:54am, edited 1 time in total.
---
-ajc
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 7th 2020, 9:51am

AJC wrote:
December 7th 2020, 9:32am
Interesting stuff, 3F.

Was the customizer selling watches that were already modified? Or was this an outfit that customized a customer's already owned Rolex?
That would be the only legal difference as far as I could tell.
Nice to see you back around...

As I recall, they were customizing and selling the watches and taking in watches from owners. There was issues with aftermarket parts that Rolex said degraded the quality and essentially made the watches knock-offs thereby.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 7th 2020, 6:08pm

AJC wrote:
December 7th 2020, 9:40am
biglove wrote:
Bit of a coincidence here but while browsing youtube videos I came across this video featuring a different custom Daytona from the same company. The owner claims it is worth $135,000.

I don't know exactly what customizations were done besides a skeletonized movement or what the base model is but it seems to have added $100k to the price.

That's about as ballpark as I think I can get.

https://youtu.be/7JDGjYBSqdY

Yikes! Double what I would have expected.

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”