The Super fakes

koimaster
Founder

The Super fakes

Post by koimaster » September 24th 2020, 10:13am

US Customs seize $2.5 million worth of ‘super fake’ Rolex watches that were shipped from China

The counterfeit culture is eroding the markets at breakneck speed. There have been consignments carrying million worth of fake Air Jordans, Yeezy’s, and more recently fake Louis Vuitton bags were sold for a mere $100 even before the originals are sold at LV stores. Today we learn Customs and Border Protection agents in Cincinnati took over 200 fake Rolexes from a shipment that came from China. The manifest for the shipment was named “Timer,” and was intercepted on its way to New York on August 28. The shipment manifested as “timer” contains 200 knock-offs of the all gold Rolex Day-Date with gold dial known as the Presidential. They were falsely declared to hold a value of only $1 plus the bubble-wrapped packaging was a dead giveaway. Had they been genuine, the watches would have been worth more than $2.5 million. Not too long ago US Customs seized thousands of fake Yeezys and Dior x Air Jordan 1 sneakers worth $4.3 million in Texas.

https://luxurylaunches.com/watches/us-c ... rDSIFUl0Ok

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Super fakes

Post by biglove » September 24th 2020, 12:15pm

Saw that. Stupid counterfeiters trying to skate by listing value as $1 on import forms. Like that wasn’t going to raise a huge red flag. Dumbasses.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 24th 2020, 2:06pm

smellody wrote:
September 24th 2020, 12:53pm
I'm amazed that "wish" can advertise them.
WISH, evidently, is above all laws. Is like they are immune to all takedown orders. They are the honey-badger of the online world; no shits do they give.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 24th 2020, 8:52pm

biglove wrote:
September 24th 2020, 2:06pm
smellody wrote:
WISH, evidently, is above all laws. Is like they are immune to all takedown orders. They are the honey-badger of the online world; no shits do they give.
Stuff like WISH and eBay, feh. I know many folks have done it for years and have had nary a problem, but I'd rather AD, honest to God. And am I evil or something, or am I only one wishing there was a closeup look at one of those Rolex fakes? Just about the only YouTube watch videos I enjoy are the ones where someone compares a super fake to the real thing. It's scary how close the counterfeiters are getting, at least visually.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 24th 2020, 9:14pm

TemerityB wrote:
September 24th 2020, 8:52pm
biglove wrote:
September 24th 2020, 2:06pm
smellody wrote:
Stuff like WISH and eBay, feh. I know many folks have done it for years and have had nary a problem, but I'd rather AD, honest to God. And am I evil or something, or am I only one wishing there was a closeup look at one of those Rolex fakes? Just about the only YouTube watch videos I enjoy are the ones where someone compares a super fake to the real thing. It's scary how close the counterfeiters are getting, at least visually.

I wanted some up close photos, also. Have seen some photos of Breitling super fakes that were terrifyingly accurate. Even the movements were done so well that it would take a jeweler with a loupe and knowledge to figure it out.

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”