New Rolex Models Soon

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

New Rolex Models Soon

Post by TemerityB » August 31st 2020, 5:58pm

See banned's new post for photos of the expanded Oyster Perpetual line, which includes new colors and a 41mm variation.

I think the big scuttlebutt will be the new Submariner models (of course). They also sport a slightly larger 41mm case size, along with changes to the bezel and one no-date model has a new movement, the 3230 with a 70-hour power reserve. There are also some changes to the bracelet, but they seem to be so just honed-up that the improvements would probably only be noticed by those who have owned the models. But apparently the 40mm Sub is no more, replaced from soup to nuts with the new models.

Before you think Rolex is going all Invicta: New DateJusts are on the horizon as well, and they're focusing on a new 31mmn line.

There are reports some ADs won't have the new models tomorrow after all the hype about the 9/1 launch. We'll see.

http://www.rolex.com
Last edited by TemerityB on August 31st 2020, 6:04pm, edited 5 times in total.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Re: New Rolex Models Tomorrow

Post by iwasbanned » August 31st 2020, 6:00pm

I honestly can barely tell a difference between the new sub and the old. Luckily with the Hulk being discontinued, at least I think, it'll probably be worth $50k by the end of the week. I'm just kidding, but seriously I've already seen some listed as high as $22K.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: New Rolex Models Tomorrow

Post by TemerityB » August 31st 2020, 6:01pm

iwasbanned wrote:
August 31st 2020, 6:00pm
I honestly can barely tell a difference between the new sub and the old. Luckily with the Hulk being discontinued, at least I think, it'll probably be worth $50k by the end of the week. I'm just kidding, but seriously I've already seen some listed as high as $22K.
I agree with you. Retired Rolex models seem to increase in price after they're discontinued, particularly if they were popular.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Re: New Rolex Models Soon

Post by bbattle » August 31st 2020, 6:13pm

Why bother with new models when nobody can purchase the supposedly available current models?

Unless, as a top executive at Rolex, you have squirreled away cases of the models to be discontinued.

That's the only reason I can see for Rolex even bothering with new models.

Can you imagine being on a waiting list for a watch, then told it was all sold out but you could sign up for the waiting list for one of the new models, at a higher price, of course.

Sorry Rolex, Homey don't play that.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 31st 2020, 6:36pm

With the changes to the case of the GMT-Master - that being a slimmer profile and putting the idiotic fat lugs on a diet - I thought they might just be coming back to their senses. Ahhh, well, fuck, looks like I was wrong. They’re blowing the Sub up in size, which means that they have put away their meds a wee bit too early. Not like I really care.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » September 1st 2020, 7:30am

I can barely see the difference between last week's Sub and this week's. But since these are now financial instruments, it doesn't really matter.

Off to let the AD fuck me bone dry so I can get in line for a black-and-white photocopy of the "novelties" page.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » September 1st 2020, 7:36am

Pubbie wrote:
September 1st 2020, 7:30am
I can barely see the difference between last week's Sub and this week's. But since these are now financial instruments, it doesn't really matter.

Off to let the AD fuck me bone dry so I can get in line for a black-and-white photocopy of the "novelties" page.
HUGE difference. Look at the old, new Sub's horrible, out of proportion, ugly lugs. Compare that to the five digit case and the newest release. The old, new sub was a monstrosity.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 1st 2020, 9:16pm

Totally got past me yesterday: There's an update to the Skydweller as well. The new models are both in 42mm cased in eithere yellow gold or Everose gold. It's got all the Skydweller bells and whistles - annual calendar, dual time zone, the works. Both are over 40 grand. I think I like this update better than all the others this year. Older Skydweller models remain in the catalog, obviously at more sedate price points.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dweller.html
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 1st 2020, 10:18pm

biglove wrote:
September 1st 2020, 9:46pm
Gee, for only $49,550 I can snag one.
They look just great as I stare at 'em from the other side of the plate glass at Tourneau. :wink:
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 2nd 2020, 6:08pm

^^^^ That's just about what I expected, so it looks like the ADs got their shipments. Playing devil's advocate, those watch stores haven't had any inventory to sell for months, and they couldn't sell what they didn't have. A guy I know who works at a big chain store in Long Island told me they all were just standing around waiting for September 1. Looks like people got the memo this week.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 2nd 2020, 8:46pm

smellody wrote:
September 2nd 2020, 7:34pm

Lucky rich fuckers.

I will have a rolex one day too.
Hmm, maybe. They don't look like millionaires to me - I'd wager they're just watch fans who saved their pennies and knew what was going on yesterday. It's not all about "status," which is bullshit to begin in - a quality product that doesn't depreciate is a rare thing, especially these days.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 2nd 2020, 9:44pm

This is a short 4K video of the new Oyster Perpetual 41mm line. Thankfully, they don't look nearly as day-glo as even Rolex's own photos depict them. Personally, I wouldn't go that bright, but they're not as garish as I first feared. I did prefer the dial treatments from the 2015 line (obviously).

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 3rd 2020, 5:24pm

iwasbanned wrote:
September 3rd 2020, 4:43pm
I need to decide between yellow and turquoise. Someone help a brother out. Any more live pictures?
Very little so far. On YouTube, the only glimpes I've been able to find were from people in Switzerland.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 4th 2020, 11:06am

smellody wrote:
September 3rd 2020, 7:42pm
iwasbanned wrote:
I need to decide between yellow and turquoise. Someone help a brother out. Any more live pictures?
Yellow for me.

Yellow dials seem to do well if watch sold later. Would have to agree.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » September 4th 2020, 11:20am

biglove wrote:
September 4th 2020, 11:06am
smellody wrote:
September 3rd 2020, 7:42pm
iwasbanned wrote:
Yellow for me.
Yellow dials seem to do well if watch sold later. Would have to agree.
Not a problem for Rolex. Almost every watch does well in the secondary market :).

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”