How to speak Rolex

bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

Re: How to speak Rolex

Post by bedlam » June 15th 2020, 11:19pm

I love than when Rolex made dials that became discoloured and cracked the fanbois thought that was wonderful!

If Rolex made Subs with chapter rings that moved off-set they would be called crazy-dials and be worth 50x more.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 15th 2020, 11:42pm

bedlam wrote:
June 15th 2020, 11:19pm
I love than when Rolex made dials that became discoloured and cracked the fanbois thought that was wonderful!

If Rolex made Subs with chapter rings that moved off-set they would be called crazy-dials and be worth 50x more.
You know, Carl, I'm getting more and more sick and tired of your bullshit!!
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » June 16th 2020, 12:01am

And Subs with lume pips that fell out would be called Wanderers...and sell for millions.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 16th 2020, 6:16am

bedlam wrote:
June 15th 2020, 11:19pm

Discoloured dials can be appealing, but the ones with cracked paint (which the fanbois call "spider dials" - aaaaarghhhh) are quite dreadful. They are, first and foremost, evidence of Rolex's dial supplier having fucked up, and fucked up badly at that. That's not to mention that if they intend to wear their "fucked-up dial" Rolex, with extensive use that dial is likely going to have chunks of paint fall off sooner rather than later.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”