Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39

koimaster
Founder

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39

Post by koimaster » May 25th 2020, 7:04pm

There’s a concept in the world of watch enthusiasts that’s referred to as ‘only one watch’. For the majority of the population, this concept is better known as ‘normality’. But if you’re the sort of person who has a watch for work, one for the weekend as well as a dedicated timepiece for special occasions, there’s a good chance the thought of committing to just one will fill you with dread. How could you choose? Can you live without a chronograph? And do you go for fine finishing or bulletproof reliability? Well, allow us to humbly suggest that all you really need a watch to do is tell the time. Everything else is superfluous. We’d also argue that you need a watch that can handle the daily rigours of regular wear and still scrub up OK. It also needs a timeless style that won’t look out of place on your wrist in 50 years’ time. Not an easy set of criteria, but the new Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 more than nails it. If you could only ever have one watch, you could do a lot worse than one of these.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/rolex-oy ... ever-need/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 26th 2020, 1:31pm

artman wrote:
May 25th 2020, 10:22pm
I would be really bored if I only had one watch, even if it were one of these.
So would I.

As for the OP39, the black and white versions are OK. These "colourful" ones - nope.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 26th 2020, 2:46pm

The OP is on my short list, and I'd even go down to 34mm as I can easily pull that off. The problem? Finding one. Right before the shutdown, I couldn't find an OP at any authorized dealer in my area - and this is the NYC/LI region.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Post by mrneddles » May 26th 2020, 3:06pm

TemerityB wrote:
May 26th 2020, 2:46pm
The OP is on my short list, and I'd even go down to 34mm as I can easily pull that off. The problem? Finding one. Right before the shutdown, I couldn't find an OP at any authorized dealer in my area - and this is the NYC/LI region.
My AD is open (Reeds). I am happy to look into one if you are ready to pull the trigger.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 27th 2020, 1:01pm

mrneddles wrote:
May 26th 2020, 3:06pm
TemerityB wrote:
May 26th 2020, 2:46pm
My AD is open (Reeds). I am happy to look into one if you are ready to pull the trigger.
Nice of you. I still intend to trowl around again, but not for a few weeks.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”