Did This 1962 Rolex Sub Actually See Field Action?

koimaster
Founder

Did This 1962 Rolex Sub Actually See Field Action?

Post by koimaster » January 13th 2020, 9:34am

The Vintage Corner My Quest for The Truth… Did this 1962 Rolex Submariner 5508 Really See Field Action?

In 1962, British military forces were pretty busy as post-war Britain became a post-colonial power and many of the former British colonies, previously known as the British Empire, sought independence. The Suez Crisis was followed by the Brunei Revolt, the Dhofar Rebellion and the Malaysian Confrontation regarding Indonesia, all starting in 1962. The same year that this very pretty Rolex Submariner 5508 had its serial number “struck” on the non-crown-guards, early-style dive case.

The 5508 became the last reference for this type of Submariner following a decision by Rolex to consolidate its complicated string of case numbers, changing it to the ref. 5513 until the early 1990s. This particular version is very attractive with its glossy dial and gilt printing, its excellent condition and lovely bracelet, not too big on the wrist and very comfortable to wear.

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-vint ... ld-action/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Did This 1962 Rolex Sub Actually See Field Action?

Post by gerdson » January 16th 2020, 10:51pm

5 out of what? Only Submariner that could ignite me would be a no-date, but this one not. I don't like the dial.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 17th 2020, 3:24pm

smellody wrote:
January 16th 2020, 8:01pm
That watch is nice. I love me some no crown gaurd small crown subs.
Just the right amount of character on that one.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 17th 2020, 5:25pm

gerdson wrote:
January 16th 2020, 10:51pm
5 out of what? Only Submariner that could ignite me would be a no-date, but this one not. I don't like the dial.
3Flushes' Erection Scale:
3Flushes wrote:
December 26th 2019, 6:25pm
biglove wrote:
December 26th 2019, 3:42pm
This makes my dick firm. Not $700+ firm, but still a cool watch.
+ 1 on both accounts BL which I suppose is technically
+2

While $700 is quite a bit for the current iteration, the original would be certain to garner enthusiastic support for the WIS Top 10 All Time Cool Watch List.
_________________________________________________________---
I move we adopt an erectilally based "star" system on a continuum of penal firmness, rated on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being priapism and 1 being false hope; guidelines for the middle 3 ratings: 4- at attention, rigid to freakin' granite- fine for mild to wild bumping uglies. 3- insertable but frequently kinks with overeagerly long strokes, and unintentional withdrawals may require a tight fist at the base for re-insertion- you'll not be thinking clearly and moving fast, mind your balls- and 2- so close, but may be suitable for vigorous masturbation, although, you or your partner are more likely to give up than to get you off. An iffy shift in plumbing can occur at this level making a retrograde ejaculation likely if you are in good enough shape, and good enough health to achieve an orgasmical state. If a partner is doing their best and you retro fire, having given all the verbal, sound effectual and gestural cues that you came with no physical evidence that you came, be prepared to be shockingly accused of "faking, too". What this also means is that your swimmers are going to drown in your piss and decompose in uric acid resulting in a smell so bad every time you tinkle that it has a taste, until, by the time you pass the last of it, you're standing there with your mouth and eyes watery, actually thinking that you must be dead.

Now, I know that this all sounds quite misogynistic WL chicks and everyone knows ladies are penal mavens and pundits and critics, so, in the finest traditions of all-inclusiveness here at WL I encourage you to feel free to come up with your own penal rating system.

From this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=47592&p=473204#p473204
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”