Taking another look at the Tudor Black Bay 41 Blue

koimaster
Founder

Taking another look at the Tudor Black Bay 41 Blue

Post by koimaster » October 23rd 2019, 9:24am

Editor’s note: These days, it’s very easy for a watch to be too fussy, too over-designed. Whether it’s unnecessary complications, awkward aesthetics or misjudged attempts at innovation, sometimes a watch just needs to be a watch. A great example of this is Tudor’s Black Bay 41 Blue. This is a timepiece that first and foremost tells the time, honestly and clearly. There are no frills here, nothing too deliberate, just a clean and simple design, a handsome blue dial, solid build quality and a near bulletproof movement. It’s a great example of a time-only watch done right, and our fearless editor Felix Scholz was lucky enough to go hands-on with the timepiece towards the end of last year, and these were his thoughts:

Now, it may shock you to learn that not everyone wants a watch bedecked with bezels, chronographs, and other functionality to complicate the equation. Some people are just after a nice watch that tells the time, simple as that.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/tudor-black-bay-41-blue/

Personally, I think I like my Hamilton better.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Taking another look at the Tudor Black Bay 41 Blue

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 23rd 2019, 11:08am

To be honest, that Tooter's kind of bland. Or, at least I find it boring. Don't really like that shade of blue. The black dial version of the BB 36 looks better.

That Hammy's way prettier.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”