This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post Reply
User avatar
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 956
Joined: October 16th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Weldon Spring, MO
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by tomsimac » June 2nd 2019, 8:13am

Yet he nailed it when he mentioned how sick one gets wearing the fake.
I’m that way, every fake or replica I’ve ever come across makes me feel cheap
I just have to push it off. One exception was a Pansy. Damn thing was so well made
And reliable... still had to get rid of it
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 4652
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by svaglic » June 2nd 2019, 8:23am

I’m surprised these guys aren’t trying to make the vintage subs, that’s where the money is. With the way they are improving on the new stuff, I would think the vintage would be easier for them to replicate and cash in on.
The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to.
B. C. Forbes
User avatar
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 19380
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by foghorn » June 2nd 2019, 8:56am

svaglic wrote:I’m surprised these guys aren’t trying to make the vintage subs, that’s where the money is. With the way they are improving on the new stuff, I would think the vintage would be easier for them to replicate and cash in on.




http://rolexpassionmarket.com/high-qual ... lex-dials/
Image
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9554
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by Hawk » June 2nd 2019, 9:27am

foghorn wrote:
svaglic wrote:I’m surprised these guys aren’t trying to make the vintage subs, that’s where the money is. With the way they are improving on the new stuff, I would think the vintage would be easier for them to replicate and cash in on.




http://rolexpassionmarket.com/high-qual ... lex-dials/


It's worse than I thought which is rather surprising as I thought it was really bad to start with.

So you need a loupe, a Geiger counter, reference materials and the equivalent of a doctorate degree in comparing one watch to another watch that you've already got in your possession?

Apparently diving into the vintage Rolex market requires that you've already been in the vintage Rolex market for years if not decades. And, after all that, you're still likely to get it in the shorts.

Pass.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 7333
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by 3Flushes » June 2nd 2019, 11:22am

tomsimac wrote:Yet he nailed it when he mentioned how sick one gets wearing the fake.
I’m that way, every fake or replica I’ve ever come across makes me feel cheap
I just have to push it off. One exception was a Pansy. Damn thing was so well made
And reliable... still had to get rid of it


That was an interesting observation indeed, however, these slimes aren't making watches for folks like us who would feel dirty wearing one of those pieces of shit. The fakes are made for poseurs who are likely poseurs in many aspects of their lives... a need to impress friends, clients, and the rest of the folks who travel in the circles where poseurs don't belong in the first place.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 12441
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by biglove » June 2nd 2019, 4:47pm

3Flushes wrote:
tomsimac wrote:Yet he nailed it when he mentioned how sick one gets wearing the fake.
I’m that way, every fake or replica I’ve ever come across makes me feel cheap
I just have to push it off. One exception was a Pansy. Damn thing was so well made
And reliable... still had to get rid of it


That was an interesting observation indeed, however, these slimes aren't making watches for folks like us who would feel dirty wearing one of those pieces of shit. The fakes are made for poseurs who are likely poseurs in many aspects of their lives... a need to impress friends, clients, and the rest of the folks who travel in the circles where poseurs don't belong in the first place.



People who buy fake Rolexes are not my worry. It is the people selling fakes as the real deal that is the stuff of nightmares.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 15731
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by TemerityB » June 2nd 2019, 5:09pm

biglove wrote:People who buy fake Rolexes are not my worry. It is the people selling fakes as the real deal that is the stuff of nightmares.



Yep. Just like Lalo's years of selling Chinese watches as "Swiss," imagine dropping good coin on something you think is real, but isn't. And it ain't just the good stuff: I swear, I have seen fake Seiko, Philip Watch (!), and Movado watches right down the street from me at our local flea market.

Once again: Brick and mortar and ADs are so underrated.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 15731
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by TemerityB » June 3rd 2019, 5:40pm

foghorn wrote:I'm sure that there are many fake Rolex owners who have no idea that they are wearing a fake Rolex.
Buying a Rolex on-line is inviting the crooks into your home and saying "take what you want"


Bravo. Cripes, that's my credo about any watch over $500.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 7333
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet

Post by 3Flushes » June 4th 2019, 12:51am

I think most people who buy these know exactly what they are buying when they're a spending a grand or two on a Daytona or a Datejust; a good quality fake or a stolen watch.

The knockoff movements seem to indicate the counterfeiters are looking to expand their overall sucker / sleaze base of customers, however, the movement is still the best and final arbiter of the legit item, and while most folks wouldn't know a free balance from a balance beam, a guy at a hock shop or a watchmaker certainly would if they had to get that far in a $50 inspection to make a determination.

Anyone who believed they were buying the genuine item and would spend ANY MONEY, let alone upward of, if it's legit money, and not submit the watch for said inspection deserves whatever the fuck they get.

I'm sure there are people who have purchased these, and the historically varying degrees of worse, believing they were the real deal but I suspect it's a small percentage overall.

What would be nice would be if Rolex (and others) didn't have to spend so much overhead investigating and shutting these guys down- 3 D printers, CNC, what he noted at the link, etc etc etc, caveat emptor; never been more important to emptor in history.

Cool to be part of a board that provides plenty of emptor for the public
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
Post Reply

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest