SBGH001

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: SBGH001

Post by conjurer » January 25th 2019, 10:51pm

It gives me a boner. The monogrammed shirt cuff, however, is very 1990s.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by smellody » January 25th 2019, 11:50pm

conjurer wrote:It gives me a boner. The monogrammed shirt cuff, however, is very 1990s.

I actually prefer the monogrammed shirt and ring. The wrist would look right proper with a nice datejust or daydate Rolex.
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » January 26th 2019, 12:38am

smellody wrote:
conjurer wrote:It gives me a boner. The monogrammed shirt cuff, however, is very 1990s.

I actually prefer the monogrammed shirt and ring. The wrist would look right proper with a nice datejust or daydate Rolex.

In a comic world I would be bizarro Smellody...we see the world absolutely diametrically opposite.

That GS is perfect. The shirt and ring are an abomination.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 26th 2019, 9:15am

bedlam wrote:
smellody wrote:

In a comic world I would be bizarro Smellody...we see the world absolutely diametrically opposite.

That GS is perfect. The shirt and ring are an abomination.

The monogrammed shirt was so bad I didn't even notice the ring!!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » January 26th 2019, 2:49pm

The damn ring looks like one of those puzzle rings from back in high school. They disassembled themselves when removed thus suggesting infidelity which would get the jock that provided it all spun up.

The geekiest kid in class could turn a couple bucks putting the things back together for various assorted homecoming queens and cheerleaders.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 26th 2019, 4:42pm

I like the watch itself. It's as purdy as Grand Seiko gets. In fact, it's the sort of watch that gives me a zipper-breaking erection.

I'm not a fan of the bracelet, though, and that's putting it mildly. With the polished parts it's so 1990s that I may vomit. Omega still uses a similar bracelet for the Speedy Pro, and when put up against an original ref.1171 bracelet, it's like a beauty contest between a Yugo and the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.

Of things unrelated to the watch, if I'd see someone with such a massive monogram on the shirt, I'd suppose that's the sort of fellow to never drink with - a show-off with an ego as massive as Jupiter.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 26th 2019, 9:18pm

The watch is really stellar. It is beautiful.

The shirt? I had a shirt like that when I was a kid. Then, my dad got a job!

--Hawkeye

Return to “Grand Seiko & Credor”