SBGA387 on the way

robatsu
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

SBGA387 on the way

Post by robatsu » January 14th 2019, 10:29pm

And don't call it blue, at least in Japan. Just like we don't call pink "light red", light blue in Japan is called "mizu iro", which means "water color". Nobody calls it, or even thinks of it, as a type of blue, again, just like pink isn't thought of as a type of red.

Fittingly, the dial is supposed to be the color of the sky over the Sea of Japan or somesuch.

Given how much time I've spent running down JDM stuff over the years, thought I had to have the first (along with its siblings) US only GS and in a color I always wanted in a GS but the one or two previous light blue - aww, there I go, I mean mizu iro, models just didn't do it for me, like the SBGA015

Or the SBGR029:

The SBGA387 comes with two straps along with the typical GS 5 link bracelet:

Brown croc:

Black croc:
robatsu
Master of Time

Re: SBGA387 on the way

Post by robatsu » January 14th 2019, 11:09pm

This could maybe even get me off my SBGE033, which, by the way has only gained 1 second in 1.5 months and I do nothing to encourage accuracy, like how I place it at night, if I even bother to take it off.

And when I set it, I felt I set it a fraction of a second fast, a little quick on the draw.
robatsu
Master of Time

Re: SBGA387 on the way

Post by robatsu » January 16th 2019, 2:30pm

3Flushes wrote:That's as cool a GS as they have ever made. Nice addition to a great stable.

I agree 100%, at least for my personal style. As soon as I saw it, same day, I ordered one and honestly, I usually gotta think a long time usually before buying a piece at that price point.

This is the also the first GS with a 44GS case that resonated with me. I always thought it a bit angular or something for my tastes, but somehow it really works, at least for me, on this one.

Return to “Grand Seiko & Credor”