HANDS-ON: SBGE215G -Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT in Titanium

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

HANDS-ON: SBGE215G -Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT in Titanium

Post by Racer-X » November 25th 2018, 11:53am

"It’s fair to say that much of Grand Seiko’s catalogue leans towards the dressier end of the spectrum — but, of course, there are exceptions, and the SBGE215G is a perfect example.

This sporty GMT is an evolution of the SBGE201G; it shares the same large 44mm case. But while the SBGE201G had a steel case, the 215G is cased in high-intensity titanium, and I can tell you that on a watch of this brawn, the lighter weight of titanium makes a real difference on the wrist. There’s also been a change to some of the dial details: the hands and applied indices are now in rich red gold, as is the 24-hour scale under the sapphire bezel. These golden details make a real change to the overall mood of the watch — it’s less purely utilitarian and a touch warmer and, dare I say it, flashier. Whether or not that’s a good thing is entirely up to the wearer — subjectivity is great that way."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-sbge215g-grand-seiko-spring-drive-gmt-titanium/
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: HANDS-ON: SBGE215G -Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT in Tita

Post by foghorn » November 25th 2018, 1:03pm

Pubbie wrote:Too big, too ugly, too 2006. I know that saying 44mm is too big marks me out as a girl, a faggot or a cunt, but there it is. It’s too big. Like a Cutlass Ciera Brougham Park 5th Avenue, it belongs in the past.

Don't fret Pubie-nobody thinks you're a girl :mrgreen:
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 25th 2018, 7:58pm

I don't think it looks bad, but a wee bit too flashy, it doesn't give me a tingling sensation down there. Oh, and at 44mm, it's too big. Who the fuck needs a big, flashy GMT watch? A very poorly endowed fellow obsessed with hoarding frequent-flyer points?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
smellody

Post by smellody » November 26th 2018, 6:58am

bedlam wrote:$9K is a lot to ask for something twice as good as a BLNR...but it still doesn't grab me :shrug:

I guess you need to define "good."

It is mass produced Japanese.

It will sell on on Ebay in 23 years for $707.97.

The BLNR commands 25% over retail. Will still be worth that or more in 23 years.

The BLNR looks amazing and is instantly recognized.
smellody

Post by smellody » November 26th 2018, 7:03am

Also.

It comes froma company with no sense of identity and sells $19.99 watches to the world. And has to name watches 17 different things grand, king, super good, Lexus, etc... to sell them..

Also. How many good communist capitalist Chinese are making it and running out buying seeko?????? Right. They want another watch brand.

Return to “Grand Seiko & Credor”