10 year update

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

10 year update

Post by foghorn » August 17th 2018, 10:51am

Damn. After 10 years I just remebered that this forum was here. (thanks to Alains announcement today of 2 new forums)
Since most of the pics are lost to the PB fiasco I guess I'll update my OP of 10 years ago.

My first Zodiac before restoration

And after

V-Wolf. From the period of the Oceanaire and varioius big, garish, quartz chronos. The V-Wolf was one of the few nice watches from the period.

And from their current collection which, to me , is as good as they've been since the 50's thru the 70's era. Excellent reproductions of early models. Still owned by Fossil but Swiss made with a Fossil proprietary movement. (STP)

Sea Dragon

Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Jetomatic

My name is foghorn....and I'm a Zodieholic
Last edited by foghorn on August 17th 2018, 1:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 10 year update

Post by 3Flushes » August 17th 2018, 5:33pm

Classics, alright. I only kept one of mine- a automatic with a D&D module AIR- tribute to someone or another. I wonder WTF I did with it.

I think there was a thread for the re-do- I really like that watch.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » August 17th 2018, 8:35pm

Really don't lile onion/flight style crowns, otherwise that Jetomatic would be a certain get :scratch:
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
monster623az

Post by monster623az » August 18th 2018, 10:54pm

Wow, dont know if I like the looks of that Zodiac more before or after restoration. The before dial looks pretty neat. I remember back when the Fossil outlets were blowing out Zodiacs for $50 on sale. Bought a whole bunch and sold them as time went by. I still stop by the Fossil outlet when I get a chance hoping there might be a couple in there... Im surprised the Oceanaire didnt get as much attention, must have been that Claro Semang movement.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » August 19th 2018, 12:54am

monster623az wrote:Wow, dont know if I like the looks of that Zodiac more before or after restoration. The before dial looks pretty neat. I remember back when the Fossil outlets were blowing out Zodiacs for $50 on sale. Bought a whole bunch and sold them as time went by. I still stop by the Fossil outlet when I get a chance hoping there might be a couple in there... Im surprised the Oceanaire didnt get as much attention, must have been that Claro Semang movement.

I agree about the oceanaire, big, heavy and inaccurate. I have one zodiac left, a deep reef purchased from foghorn about 6 years ago. Although a quartz it is a keeper for me.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » August 19th 2018, 9:24pm

koimaster wrote:Although a quartz it is a keeper for me.

My quartz Dragon Wing still gets wrist time when I'm up for the exercise :-) It's not light on the wrist, but it's a very solid build, and keeps great time.

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “Zodiac”