Hangups and Quartz watches

koimaster
Founder

Hangups and Quartz watches

Post by koimaster » May 17th 2020, 10:20am

How I learned to get over my hangups and love the ticking quartz timepiece

After hours spent gazing with adoring eyes at the smooth sweep of a mechanical movement’s seconds hand, the ticking of a quartz watch can seem garish, unrefined, or almost brutish in unsophistication. Mechanical movements are accurate, visually intriguing and take an extraordinary level of skill to create. Where quartz watches are made, mechanical watches are crafted.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/how-i-le ... timepiece/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hangups and Quartz watches

Post by TemerityB » May 17th 2020, 3:22pm

The whole quartz versus automatic hangup is so 2009. The question shouldn't be how it runs - the questions should be how well does it run. Quality in any variation is what matters. Gimme a GS 9F every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hangups and Quartz watches

Post by bedlam » May 17th 2020, 5:00pm

TemerityB wrote:
May 17th 2020, 3:22pm
The whole quartz versus automatic hangup is so 2009. The question shouldn't be how it runs - the questions should be how well does it run. Quality in any variation is what matters. Gimme a GS 9F every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Werd :Thumbsup:
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.

Return to “Quartz Watches”