Certina? Certainly.

Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Certina? Certainly.

Post by Falstaff » September 25th 2018, 8:32am

Ahhh, still has that new forum smell.... Here's a Jomashop pic of the Certina I bought last month. Was actually looking at a Maurice Lacroix when I ran across this one. Gray dial with rose markers is particularly attractive and I'm very pleased with the ETA C07.111 movement. Power reserve is indeed 80 hrs. I'm not familiar with the brand - other than that they're part of the Swatch Group and they seem to be more widely distributed in the EU than in the States - so I didn't know quite what to expect. Fit and finish though, are nicer than I imagined - especially at well south of $500. Nothing special, but nicely done nonetheless. I'd buy another Certina.
https://www.jomashop.com/certina-watch- ... 81-01.html
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
kevco
Master of Time

Re: Certina? Certainly.

Post by kevco » September 25th 2018, 8:51am

A very good brand that has been around a long time.

Their older DS divers are CERTAINLY throb worthy.

Certina-4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 25th 2018, 11:52am

kevco wrote:A very good brand that has been around a long time.

Their older DS divers are CERTAINLY throb worthy.

Certina-4.jpg

This one's new, released this year - a reissue of the 1960s DS diver, a fairly recent release. Probably one of the nicest reissues out there, good value for the money, and with an ETA Powermatic 80 under the bonnet.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 25th 2018, 12:02pm

I have yet to own a Certina, but I doesn't mean I don't like them (I tend to buy Tissot, which is of a similar price point and quality). I like the styling on their divers particularly. The one you picked up is really unique, and really sharp as well.

You'll have fun with that Powermatic 80, too. Does exactly what they claim it does, and well; it's a pretty good achievement there - a Swiss movement that outruns more expensive ones at about half the cost. I mean, fun, man.

And you're right about Certina distribution. Heck, even in vast NYC, I know of only one retail store that carries them (Hour Passion, and that's because it's run by the Swatch group).
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » September 26th 2018, 5:10am

I'm a fan. I have a thin steel one with a white dial that's good for formal wear - cost the same as one of those Daniel Wellington things. And it's propah, although not much of it was manufactured in Switzerland, I'd wager.

Return to “Certina”