Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

Post by koimaster » November 5th 2019, 5:23pm

With the DS PH200M, Certina raises one of its early divers’ watches up to the surface. Not only is the design authentic, the construction is, too. We give it an in-depth look in this review from our May-June 2019 issue.

A black dial with a red crosshair and the double-C logo, luminous white displays and a broad black bezel with continuous minutes subdivisions: this is what Certina’s DS PH200M divers’ watch looked like in 1967 and what the new version looks like today. The curved crystal is still made of acrylic, which further accentuates the watch’s retro styling. Only the red seconds hand doesn’t match the one on the vintage model, but it creates an appealing and contrasting-colored accent that harmonizes with the intersecting red crosshair on the dial.

https://www.watchtime.com/reviews/certi ... 728bd6f117

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

Post by TemerityB » November 5th 2019, 9:05pm

Certina's fine by me (and I have yet to meet or read about the owner who was unhappy with one after picking one up), but the first thought that entered my head on this one is overkill. Both the caseback and dial are crazy over-designed. For me, it's a swing and a miss, style wise.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 6th 2019, 8:23am

kevco wrote:
November 6th 2019, 6:14am
I like these. I've always appreciated Certina's history in the dive watch category.
(JOMA has them now for $614.25)
$585 as of this AM.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 6th 2019, 4:22pm

I've recently checked it out in the metal. Gorgeous, but there's a shitload of play to the bezel. It hurts to say that, but the bezel on the Glycine Combat Sub beats the Certina by a pretty fucking massive margin.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “Certina”