The Matryoshka doll of Doxa and friends

bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

The Matryoshka doll of Doxa and friends

Post by bedlam » October 8th 2017, 6:14pm

Had word from a Doxa company guy that there are no more (pretend) company boundaries...and the reason why.

So I got an email newsletter from Doxa to an email address they couldn't possibly have. I pursued them and had no response. I then pinged WUS who also has that address for my account and asked if they had given out my account address. Moderator 'Brad' said it was unlikely there was any real issue because Doxa were great guys and WUS wouldn't do such a thing. I pointed out to hm it was an issue because it was a potential breach of the law. I suggested I was being stone-walled I asked to be put through to Verticalscope.

Thats when stuff happened. Brad pinged Doxa (i know because Rick Marei responded to me by mistake when Brad forwarded them my email). Verticalscope responded saying I was correct to be concerned as it was a breach of data privacy laws if my details were shared with any third party without a legal warrant (which put Brad back in his box). The most interesting thing was Doxa's reply. They admitted having sourced my address via a Paypal transaction I had with Isofrane a few years back. But that it was legal because they own Isofrane.

There it is people. They owned up to being the same company because they want to be able to legally access each company's customer database for cross-marketing purposes.

Like I have said all along...these guys are the same company. The Synchron investor group runs Doxa, Isofrane, Jenny and Aquadive. It's all the same...and it only needed the threat of a legal problem to get them to admit it :-)

The other interesting thing was how different the outcome of this was now Vericalscope runs WUS. The same issue got me banned from WUS by Ernie Romers last time I brought up Synchron's shady conduct. This time the cockroaches had to scurry back to their corners under Verticalscopes torchlight.

Fuck you Ernie.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: The Matryoshka doll company of Doxa and friends

Post by conjurer » October 8th 2017, 6:16pm

Thanks for the heads up, Carl. Although there was little doubt in my mind that Doxa and the rest are a bunch of douchebags, it's refreshing to hear the straight dope.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The Matryoshka doll of Doxa and friends

Post by TemerityB » October 8th 2017, 6:56pm

bedlam, great job. You really connected the dots on this one. It's amazing what these companies believe they have the right to do.

Needless to say, none of those brands are on my Christmas list.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 8th 2017, 11:18pm

koimaster wrote:Perhaps this news should be made public

Yeah, problem is I am officially banned over there and use another account name. Publishing these details would point to who I am on WUS
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 11th 2017, 3:30pm

koimaster wrote:Image

Well, that blows. Poor Red Bar. He should have done a few WURW threads and "+1"'s to get his post count up before speaking the truth.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 11th 2017, 4:55pm

Hawk wrote:I hope somebody has a screenshot. I missed it.

Never mind. I think I found the gist at the pretend boundaries thread.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 11th 2017, 8:09pm

I just had a great idea: with all the experience we've had here with trolls--I daresay there's not a square yard of unturned land left in the Pine Barrens--we should hire ourselves out as trolls ourselves!

Just think of it--somebody wants to break balls at some dumbass forum for--I don't know, fucking vacuum cleaners or some shit--they hire us, we provide them with troll services, and make more money than Croesus!!

--Hawkeye
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » October 12th 2017, 11:48am

conjurer wrote:I just had a great idea: with all the experience we've had here with trolls--I daresay there's not a square yard of unturned land left in the Pine Barrens--we should hire ourselves out as trolls ourselves!

Just think of it--somebody wants to break balls at some dumbass forum for--I don't know, fucking vacuum cleaners or some shit--they hire us, we provide them with troll services, and make more money than Croesus!!

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 12th 2017, 1:12pm

conjurer wrote:I just had a great idea: with all the experience we've had here with trolls--I daresay there's not a square yard of unturned land left in the Pine Barrens--we should hire ourselves out as trolls ourselves!

Jokes aside, trolls and haters for hire are actually a thing - AFAIK, political parties all around the world do hire these. Especially the haters. Not to mentioned propaganda channels on YouTube, proclaiming themselves as "independent media", but terms like "patriotic channel" are also popular (faux-patriotic and crusade-themed symbols in channel banners and avatars are omnipresent).
In Europe, it's mostly right-wing ones - often with rancid (thinly veiled or open racism included) content, propaganda worthy of Goebbels... I wouldn't be surprised, if it turned out that a lot of them are on some party's payroll, rather than just loose cannons acting of their own accord.

Whether corporations do or don't, I dunno, but it would be silly to assume that they'd miss such an opportunity. Corporations do buy forum moderators, though...

Wonder how much "pro-trolling" does one have to do to buy a Speedmaster :dev:
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 18th 2017, 8:23pm

Been away and just returned to find my trekDS account at WUS has been banned permanently. Goddammit.

I said that would happen if this stuff was posted publically.

:-(
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 18th 2017, 9:36pm

bedlam wrote:Been away and just returned to find my trekDS account at WUS has been banned permanently. Goddammit.

I said that would happen if this stuff was posted publically.

:-(

It is not public here and poor redbar was banned at wus for posting it.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Doxa”