Irreantum Magellan vs Doxa 5000t - WUS

koimaster
Founder

Irreantum Magellan vs Doxa 5000t - WUS

Post by koimaster » February 1st 2015, 3:09pm

So while looking through my archived email I ran across this link

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/irrean ... 693-7.html

Notice how the Doxa mods jump into the thread and attack not only me but Travis aka big love. I am of course banned from WUS due to my telling a Doxa mod to fuck off and kiss my ass in a PM after he used my name in a post. Something that is telling is the doxa mod making a claim that a video of their factory in the land of cheese would be released and posted at youtube. That was a lie. Post #42 is even funnier

January 17th, 2014

DOXA forum moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Irreantum Magellan vs Doxa 5000t

Originally Posted by koimaster View Post

I refer to a zombie brand brought back to life and you can go from there.

"Sir, you have been known for running an anti DOXA campaign for years now, for whatever agendas you have, and as you are entitled to express your opinion, please use some thoughtfulness when posting, and refrain from misleading the readers, unlike a lot of the Swiss brands, DOXA is one of the few, that continued to manufacture wrist and pocket watches without a day of interruption since 1889, so please don't confuse this with the presence or the lack of it in the US between 1986 and 1999, as DOXA was always a privately held company that did not belong to one of the major groups, but since 1995 being backed by the largest Swiss private label watch manufacturer owned by the Jenny family, a 5th generation Swiss watchmaker family.

The blunt term you used to describe DOXA may apply to many of the Swiss brands that were resurrected after going out of business and merged into a large group, but definitely not to DOXA."

I hate to tell you scumbag doxa mod but Doxa was out of business between 1978-at least 1996 when the Jenny family bought the rights to the name. NO watches were made by doxa during that time frame. Now show my your fucking factories and now, show me the watches doxa made during those years or shut the fuck up. Doxa = Invicta plain and simple. I refer to the lies and revisionist history both of these companies spout. Reminds me of Nazi propaganda machines

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Re: Irreantum Magellan vs Doxa 5000t - WUS

Post by koimaster » February 1st 2015, 3:25pm

Doxa lies.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » February 1st 2015, 9:06pm

Screw Doxa. The Irreantium is definitely superior, without that fishy smell.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » February 8th 2015, 9:03am

What material does Irreantum use for the dial and hands? It sort of looks like plastic or card. Although the case and bezel do look cheap, it's definitely the hands and dial that give the game away as a cost cutting special.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 8th 2015, 11:32am

jason_recliner wrote:What material does Irreantum use for the dial and hands? It sort of looks like plastic or card. Although the case and bezel do look cheap, it's definitely the hands and dial that give the game away as a cost cutting special.

The one I got on loan for a review didn't seem to have an overly cheap dial and handset. It was a while ago, to be sure, but these things didn't jump out at me when I was reviewing it.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 8th 2015, 8:25pm

pedro44 wrote:interesting.
You guys sure love to stir them up . :P :P :lol:

http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8289

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as doxa goes.

1946-2006

svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by svaglic » February 8th 2015, 8:35pm

pedro44 wrote:interesting.
You guys sure love to stir them up . :P :P :lol:

http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8289

Not sure where the "stir them up" comes from. Proof and facts were presented to them and they changed the topic, banned members and glossed over the questions presented to them. For this reason, I'd be very aware of Doxa, for the proof and facts, I'd only buy a vintage Doxa and accept a new one as a gift. Look up their representative Jacques Cousteau and look at his Nazi beliefs. That is a black eye that make up can't cover. Heil Doxa.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
pedro44
Facebook ID: 0

Post by pedro44 » February 9th 2015, 12:14am

A classic before and after brands saga
Where the old and famous swiss brands have been reinvented for the modern times by new owners more interested in money then quality
Dare I say it ,, even croton, zodiac, invicta and others of old, had good reputations before being reinvented for modern mass production today :|
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 9th 2015, 12:44am

pedro44 wrote:A classic before and after brands saga
Where the old and famous swiss brands have been reinvented for the modern times by new owners more interested in money then quality
Dare I say it ,, even croton, zodiac, invicta and others of old, had good reputations before being reinvented for modern mass production today :|

You are correct in your assertion. Most but not all of revived brands do not make up stories of granny lalo inventing the iconic Zlatoust russian diver or orange dials being the best while forgetting their nazi pasts in some cases. Until fossil purchased zodiac a few years ago imho zodiac made some decent watches for a fair price point. I am certain though that asian parts and labor made their way into them and others

1946-2006

Return to “Doxa”