A RRRterna Return to Ashfords...

All things Swiss
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

A RRRterna Return to Ashfords...

Post by Thunder1 » February 11th 2020, 3:35pm

Well, my Eterna Granges arrived this a.m. from the last Ashford sale on Eternas..just let me say this is one good looking piece of wrist wear!!..the pics @ Ashfords & the various blogs that reviewed it(the Granges model) don't do it justice..the edge of the dial face slopes down nicely, causing the light in a room to highlight the dial face...very nice looking!!..and another feature of the in-house 3030 movement(aside from being the thinnest auto movement w/ a large date complication) is that the rotor has to be the slickest, fastest, rotating rotor I've ever seen!!..you have to see it rotate to believe it!!..this watch has to be considered a great substitute for the Rolex Explorer when considering high finish levels and a quality in-house movement and that Explorer 'look'...

Unfortunately, mine arrived seriously flawed. The letter 'r' in the word Eterna on the dial face(just beneath 12 o'clock) is flawed. Either the letter was partially scraped off or part of the letter flaked off. So, back to Ashfords it goes tomorrow. And I will be ordering a replacement for it ASAP!!. Here's pic of it..
IMG_1952.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: A RRRterna Return to Ashfords...

Post by TemerityB » February 11th 2020, 8:52pm

I would have returned it, too. It's just too glaring. Looks like nice piece otherwise; hope they have more on hand for you.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » February 12th 2020, 4:43am

A true Invicta watchgeek would have kept it as a collectible, like a rare coin that was defective from the mint.

Inexcusable quality control unless it somehow happened during shipment or such. Don't really see how.

Hope it works out with a suitable replacement.
Randy in Nashville
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 12th 2020, 2:59pm

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
February 12th 2020, 4:43am
A true Invicta watchgeek would have kept it as a collectible, like a rare coin that was defective from the mint.
So true.

#6 on Invicter's Greatest Hits, now available on 8-Track and cassette:

"Blame UPS" (B-side: "Call Rebecca")
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Swiss Watches”