DELMA BLUE SHARK III

Dedicated to Dive watches
koimaster
Founder

DELMA BLUE SHARK III

Post by koimaster » May 23rd 2020, 9:12am

The Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) has become a popular means of transport. Originally, the car was a utilitarian object, intended for off-road use and designed to go virtually anywhere. Formerly, a ‘must-have’ for country dwellers, the SUV is now de rigueur for ‘townies’.

Many people who purchase SUVs do not require the ‘hardcore’ off-road capability a four wheel drive vehicle confers. Indeed, many of the individuals buying these cars are attracted to their styling, roominess or other attributes. More recently, the car industry has targeted these clients with cheaper, two wheel drive SUVs.

In the world of horology, there is a similar scenario, the diver’s watch. Originally, the diver’s watch was intended for professional use. A hewn from granite level of construction, a unidirectional bezel, a lucid dial and the ability to withstand colossal pressures whilst working in deepwater, make the diver’s watch the perfect subaquatic tool.

However, many watch buyers are attracted to diver’s watches not because they intend to venture deep below the ocean’s surface, but for other reasons. The aesthetics, robustness and readability typical of diver’s watches have relevance to those choosing to keep their toes dry. Some brands have targeted these consumers with low-calorie diver’s watches. This genre of watch is not labelled as ‘faux’ by the watch brands but they remain easy to spot. Personally, I have no problem with ‘faux’ diver’s watches, providing the buyer realises they have been pared back. In my opinion, there is much justification for this market segment.

Recently, I spent a few days wearing the Delma Blue Shark III and can report there is nothing ‘faux’ about this substantial diver’s watch. It is clearly intended for deepwater exploration and looks capable of post-apocalyptic survival.

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/arti ... -iii.html/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: DELMA BLUE SHARK III

Post by TemerityB » May 23rd 2020, 2:13pm

(I realize nobody's gonna get this one but me, but what the hey.)
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Dive Watches”