Pantor Seahorse

Dedicated to Dive watches
Post Reply
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14911
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Pantor Seahorse

Post by biglove » December 10th 2013, 9:15am

Wondering if any of you guys know anything about this company?

Haven't heard of them before. Watch looks like a monster of a tool diver.

http://www.pantorwatches.com/

And evidently shares the same parts supplier as the more expensive German Essex version, of which I have also never heard of?

http://www.essex-watches.com/essex-watches-la-primera-classic.html
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 10649
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by eddiea » December 10th 2013, 10:25am

Neither one impressed me...9015, 1000 non ISO certified meters W/R , pretty much useless (for most) HRV set up etc ...pretty much a formula that although safe, is becoming repetitive ....
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 42436
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by koimaster » December 10th 2013, 10:33am

For the money or less, Marathon, Boschett, Seiko, kadloo, Hamilton King Scuba, helson, halios. A lot of good tool dive watches out there that have been around for awhile and hold some of their value in the WIS marketplace.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14911
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by biglove » December 10th 2013, 10:51am

koimaster wrote:For the money or less, Marathon, Boschett, Seiko, kadloo, Hamilton King Scuba, helson, halios. A lot of good tool dive watches out there that have been around for awhile and hold some of their value in the WIS marketplace.


Thanks Alain and others. The Marathon JSAR is next on my to buy list.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by 3Flushes » December 10th 2013, 1:30pm

biglove wrote:And evidently shares the same parts supplier as the more expensive German Essex version, of which I have also never heard of?


That case/integrated bracelet is as old as the hills and has been used by several brands including Invicta over the years. As Koi noted, lots better out there for better prices.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member
Posts: 7787
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by Watch Noob » December 29th 2020, 12:33pm

Came across this today so I decided I better run a quick search to see if anyone's discussed this brand in the past and sure enough BL and research guru Alain has posted. I ran across this model from Pantor called the Nautilus and found it to be a decent looking diver. On Amazon it goes for $280 which is in the range of other probably better or more established micro's. Full disclosure it popped up when I was looking at Doxa's. Will you guys disown me if I buy a Doxa in the future? :mrgreen:

Image
Drifter on Watchlords
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 32131
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by conjurer » December 29th 2020, 12:35pm

Watch Noob wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:33pm
Came across this today so I decided I better run a quick search to see if anyone's discussed this brand in the past and sure enough BL and research guru Alain has posted. I ran across this model from Pantor called the Nautilus and found it to be a decent looking diver. On Amazon it goes for $280 which is in the range of other probably better or more established micro's. Full disclosure it popped up when I was looking at Doxa's. Will you guys disown me if I buy a Doxa in the future? :mrgreen:

Image
Yes.
Image
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 1255
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by MAX » December 29th 2020, 1:37pm

Beat around her 70s bush?

Image
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 1255
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by MAX » December 29th 2020, 1:47pm


Noticing your Avatar. Wife and I binge watched Yellowstone in the past few weeks. Damn, what a great show!!! :Thumbsup:
Yeah, it makes me homesick for Montana even though its only partially filmed there.

I love Beth (Kelly Reilly) too.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14911
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by biglove » December 29th 2020, 4:51pm

conjurer wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:35pm
Watch Noob wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:33pm
Came across this today so I decided I better run a quick search to see if anyone's discussed this brand in the past and sure enough BL and research guru Alain has posted. I ran across this model from Pantor called the Nautilus and found it to be a decent looking diver. On Amazon it goes for $280 which is in the range of other probably better or more established micro's. Full disclosure it popped up when I was looking at Doxa's. Will you guys disown me if I buy a Doxa in the future? :mrgreen:

Image
Yes.
No, but we will talk about you. 😂
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
Post Reply

Return to “Dive Watches”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest