Pantor Seahorse

Dedicated to Dive watches
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Pantor Seahorse

Post by biglove » December 10th 2013, 9:15am

Wondering if any of you guys know anything about this company?

Haven't heard of them before. Watch looks like a monster of a tool diver.

http://www.pantorwatches.com/

And evidently shares the same parts supplier as the more expensive German Essex version, of which I have also never heard of?

http://www.essex-watches.com/essex-watches-la-primera-classic.html
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Pantor Seahorse

Post by eddiea » December 10th 2013, 10:25am

Neither one impressed me...9015, 1000 non ISO certified meters W/R , pretty much useless (for most) HRV set up etc ...pretty much a formula that although safe, is becoming repetitive ....
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 10th 2013, 10:33am

For the money or less, Marathon, Boschett, Seiko, kadloo, Hamilton King Scuba, helson, halios. A lot of good tool dive watches out there that have been around for awhile and hold some of their value in the WIS marketplace.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 10th 2013, 10:51am

koimaster wrote:For the money or less, Marathon, Boschett, Seiko, kadloo, Hamilton King Scuba, helson, halios. A lot of good tool dive watches out there that have been around for awhile and hold some of their value in the WIS marketplace.

Thanks Alain and others. The Marathon JSAR is next on my to buy list.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 10th 2013, 1:30pm

biglove wrote:And evidently shares the same parts supplier as the more expensive German Essex version, of which I have also never heard of?

That case/integrated bracelet is as old as the hills and has been used by several brands including Invicta over the years. As Koi noted, lots better out there for better prices.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
Watch Noob (Online)
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » December 29th 2020, 12:33pm

Came across this today so I decided I better run a quick search to see if anyone's discussed this brand in the past and sure enough BL and research guru Alain has posted. I ran across this model from Pantor called the Nautilus and found it to be a decent looking diver. On Amazon it goes for $280 which is in the range of other probably better or more established micro's. Full disclosure it popped up when I was looking at Doxa's. Will you guys disown me if I buy a Doxa in the future? :mrgreen:

Drifter on Watchlords
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 29th 2020, 12:35pm

Watch Noob wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:33pm
Came across this today so I decided I better run a quick search to see if anyone's discussed this brand in the past and sure enough BL and research guru Alain has posted. I ran across this model from Pantor called the Nautilus and found it to be a decent looking diver. On Amazon it goes for $280 which is in the range of other probably better or more established micro's. Full disclosure it popped up when I was looking at Doxa's. Will you guys disown me if I buy a Doxa in the future? :mrgreen:

Yes.
MAX

Post by MAX » December 29th 2020, 1:37pm

Beat around her 70s bush?

NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX

Post by MAX » December 29th 2020, 1:47pm

Noticing your Avatar. Wife and I binge watched Yellowstone in the past few weeks. Damn, what a great show!!! :Thumbsup:
Yeah, it makes me homesick for Montana even though its only partially filmed there.

I love Beth (Kelly Reilly) too.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 29th 2020, 4:51pm

conjurer wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:35pm
Watch Noob wrote:
December 29th 2020, 12:33pm

Yes.
No, but we will talk about you. 😂

Return to “Dive Watches”