Seiko Sumo VS Seiko BFK, anyone own both?

Dedicated to Dive watches
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seiko Sumo VS Seiko BFK, anyone own both?

Post by jonnybardo » April 13th 2013, 4:33am

All I'm saying is that many members on this site are overly hostile towards newcomers - with unwarranted attacks and insults simply for asking questions and crossing some invisible line as to what is acceptable to ask and what is not. It happened to me, its happening to Solchitlins, and I've seen it happen to others.

Hey, if you want this to be a small club of rather narrow parameters, then fine, but if you want this to be a growing, thriving watch community with a diversity of members then that sort of behavior is going to work against you. There's a wide range from an exclusive smoking room club of a dozen members and Watchuseek...I'd hope that Watchlords would be interested in finding a nice medium between the two, but the jury is still out.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » April 13th 2013, 5:13am

jonnybardo wrote:All I'm saying is that many members on this site are overly hostile towards newcomers - with unwarranted attacks and insults simply for asking questions and crossing some invisible line as to what is acceptable to ask and what is not. It happened to me, its happening to Solchitlins, and I've seen it happen to others.

Hey, if you want this to be a small club of rather narrow parameters, then fine, but if you want this to be a growing, thriving watch community with a diversity of members then that sort of behavior is going to work against you. There's a wide range from an exclusive smoking room club of a dozen members and Watchuseek...I'd hope that Watchlords would be interested in finding a nice medium between the two, but the jury is still out.

Soul Chiterlings was treated quite well until he asked his gazillionth question on the same topic,got his gazillionth answer and still wasn't happy. (slight exaggeration,but you get the gist.)
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » April 13th 2013, 5:22am

jonnybardo wrote:All I'm saying is that many members on this site are overly hostile towards newcomers - with unwarranted attacks and insults simply for asking questions and crossing some invisible line as to what is acceptable to ask and what is not. It happened to me, its happening to Solchitlins, and I've seen it happen to others.

JFC jonny, are we back to the "somebody's feelings got hurt" post??

#1) Unwarranted attacks and insults??? YHGTBSM.
Please point out which post in this thread did that? FTR, my posts above did not mention any names or make a direct slam on any particular member (but if the shoe fits).
#2) Many will say this place went down hill quick once I joined. That said, I hope to my god that this place doesn't morph into one of the many other growing/thriving watch forums. My inconsequential opinion is if this place isn't to a new members liking, there are many other watch forums they can participate it.
#3) Are we back to "this place should change to something more to my liking"?
#4) Jury is not out

Next thread;

I think I found a watch that I might like and not sure if I can afford. Question, should I buy the one with the yellow dial or magenta?? The magenta watch is a nice looking diver but not sure if I like the embossed cowhide strap. The yellow dress watch is the same size as the magenta diver but comes with a brushed bracelet. Which one should I purchase if I decide I like it and possibly afford. Also, deployant or buckle/tang?
Your opinion and why.

Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Kahuna74 » April 13th 2013, 5:33am

jonnybardo wrote:Really, Kahuna? You're paranoid.

No just pointing out how in this thread and the one "made in China" thread you seem to be calling us out as Invicta Haters. I think we are more of a mind set of knowing what you get from Invicta and if you are okay with dropping your hard earned money on that shit than do. Just don't tell us we are the ones with the problem. Paranoid, no just sitting back watching you trying do do some trolling and saying that's not what you are doing!
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS

Post by jonnybardo » April 13th 2013, 5:39am

Codguy, a question: If a thread isn't to your liking, or if you don't like a question someone asks, why not just ignore it? Why the need to bring a negative response and start the gangbang?

I haven't read every single threat started b solchitlins, but I've seen a couple and what I see is someone wanting to connect with a community and talk about watches. It amazes me that he gets derided for that.

Kahuna, I'm so glad you know my intentions better than I do. Maybe paranoid isn't quite right but it is certainly delusional.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Kahuna74 » April 13th 2013, 5:50am

jonnybardo wrote:Codguy, a question: If a thread isn't to your liking, or if you don't like a question someone asks, why not just ignore it? Why the need to bring a negative response and start the gangbang?

I haven't read every single threat started b solchitlins, but I've seen a couple and what I see is someone wanting to connect with a community and talk about watches. It amazes me that he gets derided for that.

Kahuna, I'm so glad you know my intentions better than I do. Maybe paranoid isn't quite right but it is certainly delusional.

Like I said johnnyboy, keep trolling. I sir am not worth your time.
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » April 13th 2013, 5:52am

jonnybardo wrote:Codguy, a question: If a thread isn't to your liking, or if you don't like a question someone asks, why not just ignore it? Why the need to bring a negative response and start the gangbang?

Jonny, a question: if a forum is not to your liking, why not post somewhere else? Why ramble on about how WE should change because your touchy-feely sensitivities were bruised? Maybe WUS or watchfreeks may be more your speed.
---
-ajc
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS

Post by jonnybardo » April 13th 2013, 5:58am

Sure, that wasn't all that negative (and I actually agree with your comment). But that's not the only thing you (or others) said. First there was all the mockery about red wings and such and then this:

codguy wrote:

Hold on a moment sol, please take a few of our members with you. I'll give you a list if you need one.

So again, if you want this to be a little club where people get regularly chased off for wanting to talk watches in a way that you find onerous, fine. Ultimately this community is like any other - it is what members make it. I suppose it is a bit like the military or other macho clubs: toughen up or get out. But I don't know, maybe that's what the Watchlords want? A place where a couple dozen similar minded folks can bash Invicta and occasionally talk about watches they do like. But that will (and does) narrow it down quite a bit.

The alternative is that you (and others) be a little more tolerant and rather than deriding someone for asking a question you find tedious, just ignore it and focus on what you do like to talk about. Either those folks will find some who do want to discuss their questions, or they won't and they'll likely move on.
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS

Post by jonnybardo » April 13th 2013, 6:05am

AJC wrote:

Jonny, a question: if a forum is not to your liking, why not post somewhere else? Why ramble on about how WE should change because your touchy-feely sensitivities were bruised? Maybe WUS or watchfreeks may be more your speed.

There are lots of assumptions there, AJC - like that I don't post somewhere else. How do you know I don't post somewhere else? Also, I'm not talking about my "touchy-feely sensitivities" but what I perceive as being a rather intolerant attitude to newcomers and certain lines of questions.

But you're right that relative to the status quo at Watchlords, I'm a touchy-feely guy.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » April 13th 2013, 8:33am

jonnybardo wrote:
AJC wrote:

Also, I'm not talking about my "touchy-feely sensitivities" but what I perceive as being a rather intolerant attitude to newcomers and certain lines of questions.

But you're right that relative to the status quo at Watchlords, I'm a touchy-feely guy.

How extremely unfortunate.
"...and I shan't quit ripping them till I do get buckled!"

J the R 1888
solchitlins

Post by solchitlins » April 13th 2013, 8:36am

you know what guys? You're just not worth it.
I came here to talk about watches and stuff not try to impress or fit in with a bunch of old bald guys that think silicone tits and hand guns are super cool.

Your "sweet rips" are not even remotely clever, it's like Troll pre-school up in here.

So enjoy your chuckles while I scratch my head at your groucho marx, foghorn leghorn, shoe polish and drywall references, because much like your children do I also think you're lame.

Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » April 13th 2013, 9:04am

solchitlins wrote:you know what guys? You're just not worth it.
I came here to talk about watches and stuff not try to impress or fit in with a bunch of old bald guys that think silicone tits and hand guns are super cool.

Your "sweet rips" are not even remotely clever, it's like Troll pre-school up in here.

So enjoy your chuckles while I scratch my head at your groucho marx, foghorn leghorn, shoe polish and drywall references, because much like your children do I also think you're lame.

How extremely unfortunate.
"...and I shan't quit ripping them till I do get buckled!"

J the R 1888
foghorn

Post by foghorn » April 13th 2013, 9:37am

solchitlins wrote: because much like your children do I also think you're lame.

Wtf does this mean you humorless, insecure, unsure, clueless, indecisive, pig intestine loving, brick and mortar hatin', keep coming back after you said you were leaving, gelatinous heap of steaming geek droppings, silly man?
eddiea

Post by eddiea » April 13th 2013, 10:03am

solchitlins wrote:you know what guys? I came here to talk about watches and stuff not try to impress or fit in with a bunch of old bald guys that think silicone tits and hand guns are super cool.

Your comments caught my attention.....for the record, care to outline specifically, what seems to be your problem with silicone tits and hand guns ?

Return to “Dive Watches”