Watchlords - enlighten me: What's the difference between these Seiko Divers?

Dedicated to Dive watches
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watchlords - enlighten me: What's the difference between these Seiko Divers?

Post by jonnybardo » February 19th 2013, 8:21am

Jason, seeing as this is a sticky that is meant to give an overview of Seiko Divers, you might want to go back to your original response and add in the lower end divers - like the SNZF17 (which I call the "ghetto Sumo") and the Monster Family - to offer the full spectrum from $175 to $6,800.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watchlords - enlighten me: What's the difference between these Seiko Divers?

Post by AlbertaTime » February 19th 2013, 5:10pm

Jason, my compliments for a terrific, beautifully succinct and useful comparison post.

Very well done.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 13th 2020, 10:49pm

Indeed, a superb thread. However, compared to the Seiko divers, the OS300 gets a bit of a short shrift.

It's a really big watch, and really only good as a real diver. Supposedly, Orient's discounted them, although Watches88 out of KL still has them for sale, for around $1600 US. At around 16.5mm thick (with a 5mm thick sapphire crystal), it's a real tank, and easily the match for most door jambs out there. My wife, who is pretty short, leased a Hyundai Santa Fe for awhile, and ran it into everything over six inches high in King County. It was the same for me and this watch.

However, I don't think I ever owned a dive watch as good as the OS300. Everything about it was first class. I've never dived in my life, but I recall Carl calling it the best dive watch out there for a certain amount of money.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “Dive Watches”