Dive watches that you can really scuba dive with

Dedicated to Dive watches
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Dive watches that you can really scuba dive with

Post by koimaster » August 16th 2019, 8:46am

In the early days of diving, divers wore water-resistant watches with rotating bezels to record their time under water. They would set the arrow on the bezel to the minute hand so they could see at a rapid glance how long they had been in the water by reading the number on the bezel as the minute hand advanced.

Nowadays, dive computers are the norm as they give a range of important information to keep divers safe, but a mechanical divers’ watch is a great back up in the event a dive computer fails. The look of a divers’ watch is also very special and lets everyone know that you are a real-deal adventurer of the sea.

If you are planning on taking a timepiece diving, look for one that has a depth rating of at least 100 meters (330 feet), and preferably more if you are going deep. Read the low-down on water-resistance here. For those who don’t want to take any chances, here are 10 of the most serious mechanical divers’ watches on the market today.

https://www.thewatchpages.com/10-dive-w ... dive-with/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Dive watches that you can really scuba dive with

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 16th 2019, 1:57pm

I wonder why the fuck did Furley write such a list. She isn't stupid, and if she has ever come up with something I truly hated, it'd be giving an interview to The Urine Gentry.

She doesn't strike me as someone in the know about what should actually be expected of a tool watch, though.

Anyway, I await Carl's commentary on this list.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Dive watches that you can really scuba dive with

Post by Hawk » August 17th 2019, 7:17am

Whatever else might be the case she seems to be confused about the circumstances involved in including a helium release valve.
..and a helium relief valve (this allows gases that have infiltrated the watch during the descent to safely escape during the ascent)
...which implies one is "diving" in the conventional sense as opposed to being in a dry habitat with helium in the environment.

Too bad - if she was right the Hindenburg could have used helium - all Count Zeppelin would have had to do was submerge a bunch of containers and wait for the helium to leech in. And birthday balloons would be way cheaper.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee

Return to “Dive Watches”