Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: On the Wrist Today - Thursday 6/4/24

Post by Thunder1 » July 4th 2024, 5:20am

Starting off the day w/ a Speedy...
Omega Speedmaster(1).jpg
For later this afternoon/evening..
Tudor Black Bay Harrods 79230G Cal. MT5602(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 4th 2024, 9:31am

codguy wrote:
July 4th 2024, 4:51am

And taking the 54 year old sports-car out for a long spirited drive around my local volcano

Both are absolutely superb 👏

To change from one interesting high-quality wristwatch… say, a JLC… to another equally interesting (but executed completely different) high-quality wristwatch, such as Omega is merely a smaller and easier-to-manage version of the mechanical sympathy common to a car enthusiast.

It is not entirely dissimilar from exiting an excellent all-rounder such as a G35/7 grand touring car to enter a similar but completely different light weight vintage sports car say, for example, a 911.

No, neither are as fast as the sleeper twin-turbo rocketship muscle car build that blends both vintage & contemporary technology. And contrasting further is the vintage Ford coupé which approaches the same asphalt with nostalgic grace and appeal that, unlike the others, is not necessarily grounded in outrageous performance as much as it serves as a preservationist icon of historical significance.

But neither machine is ‘better’ than the other - merely different.

That difference makes any machine - that is a watch or car - intrinsically more interesting simply because an unconventional anything has a certain natural appeal over disposable mass production products.

Signore COD, you’re selections reveal a natural disposition towards impeccable taste 👏 🥂

Still, Smellodi insists on calling everything aircooled, the Peoples’ Car in that crazy language from WWII.

Which reminds me - 🇺🇸 HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY 🇺🇸
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

smellody
Owner

Post by smellody » July 4th 2024, 9:37am

Nuvolari wrote:
July 4th 2024, 9:31am
codguy wrote:

And taking the 54 year old sports-car out for a long spirited drive around my local volcano

To change from one interesting high-quality wristwatch… say, a JLC… to another equally interesting (but executed completely different) high-quality wristwatch, such as Omega is merely a smaller and easier-to-manage version of the mechanical sympathy common to a car enthusiast.

It is not entirely dissimilar from exiting an excellent all-rounder such as a G35/7 grand touring car to enter a similar but completely different light weight vintage sports car say, for example, a 911.

No, neither are as fast as the sleeper twin-turbo rocketship muscle car build that blends both vintage & contemporary technology. And contrasting further is the vintage Ford coupé which approaches the same asphalt with nostalgic grace and appeal that, unlike the others, is not necessarily grounded in outrageous performance as much as it serves as a preservationist icon of historical significance.

That difference makes any machine - that is a watch or car - intrinsically more interesting simply because an unconventional anything has a certain natural appeal over disposable mass production products.

Signore COD, you’re selections reveal a natural disposition towards impeccable taste 👏 🥂

Still, Smellodi insists on calling everything aircooled, the Peoples’ Car in that crazy language from WWII.

I give in. I love that one and have promised to Cod to take car of it when he goes down south to Brazil for his butt lift.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 4th 2024, 9:47am

Gonna take the dogs swimming before I load them up on tranquilizers to bring them some relief from the nearby fucktard with the unlimited supply of fucking M80s detonated sporadically from 4pm to 4am.

“Zero tolerance” my ass - he’s probably Capt. of the fire dept. - nobody does shit beyond publishing “Zero Tolerance” warnings everywhere - which, really, should say “Zero Enforcement”.

😠
IMG_7468.jpeg
IMG_7453.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » July 4th 2024, 11:18am

Two F15s from Portland making a pass over our small (less than 2000) town parade. Didn't know which direction they were coming from, wanted a side shot but they came in right over me. Merica.

Now back to the meat smoking.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
WISenheimer

Post by WISenheimer » July 4th 2024, 11:27am

Nuvolari wrote:
July 4th 2024, 9:31am
codguy wrote:

I am with the vintage sport car thoughts. My last modern one was a 370z Nismo. Quite the machine but left me cold. Much prefer my 78 Alfa. A crowd favorite wherever I stop. My 20yo car crazy son adores it.

IMG_2374.jpeg

Ol’ faithful still chugging away as my one and only. Thinking about expanding the one watch collection but really have not yet identified a piece that I would like as much as a daily wearer. Maybe as an occasional novelty but have been cutting that sort of thing out of my life.

IMG_3527.jpeg

A medium bore Martin Committee trumpet is more likely next purchase. Not the greatest for band/orchestra work, but for expressive, soulful solos, wowee. My last one, which I stupidly sold, actually had neighbors asking that I play more. This is very uncommon for trumpet players, usually your neighbors hate you and are contemplating filing lawsuits or vigilante justice.

IMG_3528.jpeg

Return to “On the Wrist Today”