Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

WURW Wednesday 04.17.2024

Post by Thunder1 » April 17th 2024, 5:51am

My favorite Divers 65 for my workday...
Oris Divers 65 Black(4).JPG
And for later this afternoon/evening...
Hamilton Jazzmaster H32415735(2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Tartan1

Re: WURW Wednesday 04.17.2024

Post by Tartan1 » April 17th 2024, 7:01am

Dr.Morningwood wrote:
April 17th 2024, 6:14am
IMG_3637.jpeg
What were the chances …. I got an opportunity to purchase on these yesterday at a very respectable price …. Unfortunately I am on standby…. Due back on ship with immediate notice. So could not commit to the purchase/delivery. The case shape is appealing as is the handsome look overall.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » April 17th 2024, 12:29pm

Like their beetle that looks like a Lady Bug, today I am wearing a Japanese ‘Cricket’ , cleverly called the Bell-matic.

Because anything with ‘matic’ added to it is usually pretty cool…
IMG_5506.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 17th 2024, 2:45pm

Nuvolari wrote:
April 17th 2024, 12:29pm
Like their beetle that looks like a Lady Bug, today I am wearing a Japanese ‘Cricket’ , cleverly called the Bell-matic.

IMG_5506.jpeg
A pretty cool look there..the 1st of these that I've seen..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
smellody
Owner

Post by smellody » April 17th 2024, 6:36pm

conjurer wrote:
April 17th 2024, 5:56pm
smellody wrote:
April 17th 2024, 4:07pm

At the border.

New 👕 t-shirt advertising my favorite brand.

Which border? Because I wouldn't wear the T shirt down Mexico-way.
Ron Burgandy on travel:
"I've only been out of the country twice. I went to Mexico a handful of times, and the second time, I went to Salem, Oregon."
WIStful

Post by WIStful » April 17th 2024, 8:11pm

Thunder1 wrote:
April 17th 2024, 2:45pm
Nuvolari wrote:

IMG_5506.jpeg
Bell-matics are fairly common on Japanese secondary markets. They sold a lot of them domestically.

Judging by the looks if most of them, they were manufactured contemporaneously with Lordmatics, spanning the era from conservative old KS/GS straight grammar of design to 70s disco cases, Vanacs, more color.

This one is kinda unusual with the linen looking dial. Also, case is subdued compared to later ones but the red mark on chapter ring suggests later production.

They have a following for sure. Fair amount around but lots of them are either really beat up or polished in aggressive Japanese samurai watchmaker mode.

Nice piece!

Some ones on sale now:

https://www.jauce.com/search/Seiko+bell+matic

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 18th 2024, 4:20am

WIStful wrote:
April 17th 2024, 8:11pm
Thunder1 wrote:
Nuvolari wrote:

IMG_5506.jpeg
Bell-matics are fairly common on Japanese secondary markets. They sold a lot of them domestically.

Judging by the looks if most of them, they were manufactured contemporaneously with Lordmatics, spanning the era from conservative old KS/GS straight grammar of design to 70s disco cases, Vanacs, more color.

This one is kinda unusual with the linen looking dial. Also, case is subdued compared to later ones but the red mark on chapter ring suggests later production.

They have a following for sure. Fair amount around but lots of them are either really beat up or polished in aggressive Japanese samurai watchmaker mode.

Nice piece!

Some ones on sale now:

Very helpful!!..thank you sir!!..
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » April 18th 2024, 10:06am

WIStful wrote:
April 17th 2024, 8:11pm
Thunder1 wrote:
Nuvolari wrote:

IMG_5506.jpeg

Nice piece!

Some ones on sale now:

Great feedback - and thanks for the link!

Yeah… I had looked for quite a while before I found one that wasn’t a project or in good over all shape but just a bit too Japanese pop-cultural 70s funk design language than I care to brandish. I mean, I’m not adverse to something funky… but I wanted a conservative/dressier look.

It wouldn’t hurt to give this case a little love and clean up the polishing and brushing buuuut… you know, ‘vintage’, ‘pantina’… ‘lazy’? Yeah…
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Return to “On the Wrist Today”