WURW Sunday 04.24.2022

Watch You Are Wearing
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: WURW Sunday 04.24.2022

Post by Thunder1 » April 24th 2022, 7:23am

Ending my weekend w/ a Steiny GMT(Olko Ed.)..
Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Ceramic Olko Ed(1).JPG
And a CW C65 SH21 for later this afternoon/evening & for walking the dogs..
CW C65 Trident SH21 L.E.(132of150)(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » April 24th 2022, 6:08pm

Mrs. and I went to a nice brunch out at the Wente winery today and enjoyed sitting outside, since it’s dog friendly.
30946083-E837-4B51-95B9-E29724F0233F.jpeg
41432060-5C52-4F5A-A248-1EAC97B46C49.jpeg
Then came home to work on the ridiculous prep to get the old British saloon car show ready…. Those bastards smooth-talked me in to entering it in the ‘Touring’ class…. So, fine, what the hell… but I’m pretty much aware of all flaws and don’t love the idea of it being scrutinized.
FE5499F5-4CEA-4765-98F9-90AE2F2F29ED.jpeg
I was reluctant to enter my car since I was a Concours judge (for Mercedes-Benz) and our rules were prettt harsh. Here, they indicated Touring class is judged on overall condition, preservation, and - most importantly - USE. As in, you must meet a minimum amount of miles of use annually over a two year period rather than bringing it in on a trailer.

I don’t actually know the mileage requirement because they measure it from the last event - and this is the chassis’s first time being entered, though I have documented it’s use over that period to ensure eligibility.

But, as a driver, it’s solid - so what the hell… I submitted all the forms and build sheet and other chassis paperwork…

And then realized… There are a few things to do. Like what?

Rechrome rear bumper blade;
Restripe wheel covers;
Replace vacuum lines;
Reinstall (vacuum driven) cruise-control;
Replace valve cover gaskets;
Clean/tune SU carbs & re-synch;
Re-set timing, mixture, et.al.

And while it is garage kept and looks quite well for a machine of a certain age (forty-six) but then this old ‘detainer’ had touched the paint and recoiled and horror and the rough surface.

So, I’m still neck-deep in a slow process of applying:

Rubbing compound;
Polishing compound
Acrylic polish
Sealant;
Clean mist UV spray

I’m working sections at a time… and only took a break for this ramble, damn it.

(And, sorry!)

But my damn shoulders hurt!

Though, it will totally be worth it when I’m done.

The 70th annual RROC event in San Diego isn’t until late June. I’m feeling that excitement and positive pressure of having so many details still to tend to… it’s a little like trying to get your crap together for a race: Write it down - make lists, then execute the list. It will all work out…

Like here, I wrote… wait. “See ‘other list’…”? What the hell is that supposed to mean?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » April 24th 2022, 6:39pm

Nuvolari wrote:
April 24th 2022, 6:08pm
Mrs. and I went to a nice brunch out at the Wente winery today and enjoyed sitting outside, since it’s dog friendly.

30946083-E837-4B51-95B9-E29724F0233F.jpeg

41432060-5C52-4F5A-A248-1EAC97B46C49.jpeg

Then came home to work on the ridiculous prep to get the old British saloon car show ready…. Those bastards smooth-talked me in to entering it in the ‘Touring’ class…. So, fine, what the hell… but I’m pretty much aware of all flaws and don’t love the idea of it being scrutinized.

FE5499F5-4CEA-4765-98F9-90AE2F2F29ED.jpeg

I was reluctant to enter my car since I was a Concours judge (for Mercedes-Benz) and our rules were prettt harsh. Here, they indicated Touring class is judged on overall condition, preservation, and - most importantly - USE. As in, you must meet a minimum amount of miles of use annually over a two year period rather than bringing it in on a trailer.

I don’t actually know the mileage requirement because they measure it from the last event - and this is the chassis’s first time being entered, though I have documented it’s use over that period to ensure eligibility.

But, as a driver, it’s solid - so what the hell… I submitted all the forms and build sheet and other chassis paperwork…

And then realized… There are a few things to do. Like what?

Rechrome rear bumper blade;
Restripe wheel covers;
Replace vacuum lines;
Reinstall (vacuum driven) cruise-control;
Replace valve cover gaskets;
Clean/tune SU carbs & re-synch;
Re-set timing, mixture, et.al.

And while it is garage kept and looks quite well for a machine of a certain age (forty-six) but then this old ‘detainer’ had touched the paint and recoiled and horror and the rough surface.

So, I’m still neck-deep in a slow process of applying:

Rubbing compound;
Polishing compound
Acrylic polish
Sealant;
Clean mist UV spray

I’m working sections at a time… and only took a break for this ramble, damn it.

(And, sorry!)

But my damn shoulders hurt!

Though, it will totally be worth it when I’m done.

The 70th annual RROC event in San Diego isn’t until late June. I’m feeling that excitement and positive pressure of having so many details still to tend to… it’s a little like trying to get your crap together for a race: Write it down - make lists, then execute the list. It will all work out…

Like here, I wrote… wait. “See ‘other list’…”? What the hell is that supposed to mean?!
Fantastic day-date and car. Don't sweat the imperfections. Better than any perfect Volkswagen on the planet. I'd put the hubcap back on though.. . .

Return to “On the Wrist Today”