WURW Tuesday 01.11.2022

Watch You Are Wearing
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

WURW Tuesday 01.11.2022

Post by Thunder1 » January 11th 2022, 5:34am

Starting 2-crown Tuesday off w/ Da Chief..
Glycine Airman Vintage The Chief GL0250(2).JPG
And quite the Discovery for later this afternoon/evening..
Ebel Discovery Diver ETA 2824-2(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Re: WURW Tuesday 01.11.2022

Post by Nuvolari » January 11th 2022, 11:27am

Love that MOP dial, Smells. I figured it probably takes a while to make a decision with so many damn fine options!

I’m really digging this newbie…
1F98569E-AB71-4C54-9EB2-22FFA7CBEAF5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » January 11th 2022, 11:47am

Nuvolari wrote:
January 11th 2022, 11:27am
Love that MOP dial, Smells. I figured it probably takes a while to make a decision with so many damn fine options!

I’m really digging this newbie…

1F98569E-AB71-4C54-9EB2-22FFA7CBEAF5.jpeg
Looking good Nuvolari! That bezel POPS!

Yes, I have a few out.

Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » January 11th 2022, 7:31pm

Mark1 wrote:
January 11th 2022, 12:46pm
Gonna bore some holes in the sky-weather permitting.
Very cool! What do you normally pilot?

I don’t know my ass from a vortex generator, but I certainly appreciate the machinery!

For the longest time I thought my friend’s Cessna’s PT210 was the ultimate all-arounder… but then another particularly *successful* friend took us to Burbank in his Beechcraft C90A and I realized two things:

1. Some of these dudes are a lot like their boating counterparts and have no problem splashing around obscene amounts of money on the hobby equipment they really like; and

2. It is really nice to know people who own or regularly rent aircraft… because I can’t rent one and even if I got my hands on a bargain basement tired old 175 it would mean certain death.

But not the way you’d think from a no-talent non-pilot!

My clever wife knows that costs are never restricted to just machine acquisition - storage, fuel, maintenance, along with maintenance and fuel, and then flying lessons… no, she’d kill me and then resuscitate me so she could kill me one more time!

(By now I have crossed too many lines with too many cars and used up all her good will!)

But flying…. That a great craft and skill set you harbor, Sir!

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » January 11th 2022, 11:19pm

Nuvolari wrote:
January 11th 2022, 7:31pm

Very cool! What do you normally pilot?

I don’t know my ass from a vortex generator, but I certainly appreciate the machinery!

For the longest time I thought my friend’s Cessna’s PT210 was the ultimate all-arounder… but then another particularly *successful* friend took us to Burbank in his Beechcraft C90A and I realized two things:

1. Some of these dudes are a lot like their boating counterparts and have no problem splashing around obscene amounts of money on the hobby equipment they really like; and

2. It is really nice to know people who own or regularly rent aircraft… because I can’t rent one and even if I got my hands on a bargain basement tired old 175 it would mean certain death.

But not the way you’d think from a no-talent non-pilot!

My clever wife knows that costs are never restricted to just machine acquisition - storage, fuel, maintenance, along with maintenance and fuel, and then flying lessons… no, she’d kill me and then resuscitate me so she could kill me one more time!

(By now I have crossed too many lines with too many cars and used up all her good will!)

But flying…. That a great craft and skill set you harbor, Sir!
I belong to a group that owns a Piper Cherokee Warrior. Nothing too fancy but as you can probably guess, cost is a major consideration in operating aircraft. The group spreads the costs out making it more affordable. In 2018 we upgraded the avionics at a cost of $20K plus. Last year we spent another thirty thousand on a rebuilt engine. Why pay thirty grand for a rebuild-because a zero time new engine will run over $50k and has the same time before overhaul rating. And that is what it costs for a four cylinder air cooled engine that produces 160 hp at 2700 rpm. People think boats parts are expensive, double those and you have aircraft. But hey, at least I'm not writing the full check. Don't have too many pictures, because I'm usually driving, but here is one I found. In this shot another group member is participating in a precision landing contest, I took the picture.

See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » January 12th 2022, 3:02pm

Genius approach. That makes logical and financial sense! Yeah…. You don’t have to spend a lot of time around pilots before racing suddenly seems far less ridiculously expensive than it actually is. The numbers don’t change but…. Well, HE’S replacing TWO fuel pumps, so… see? It’s like we’re saving money…

I’ve always liked Piper, too… they build airframes with that handsome Bonanza-look without the outsized price tag.

That’s a great shot!

Return to “On the Wrist Today”