13th June -- What's on the Wrist?

Watch You Are Wearing
franklin
Facebook ID: 0

13th June -- What's on the Wrist?

Post by franklin » June 13th 2021, 2:12am

Dornblüth 99.1 for me today.
Ascetic (some might think "boring"). Beautifully made by hand. Satisfactorily rare (you won't see many on the wrists of non-WISards).
Pretty sure it's not made in China.

Audemars Piguet, Benzinger, Dornblüth, Glashütte Original (x3), Meistersinger, Moritz Grossmann (x3), Moser, Nomos, Rolex, Stowa, Zenith.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 13th June -- What's on the Wrist?

Post by Thunder1 » June 13th 2021, 3:39am

All day for moi again..the greyed out bezel & the white w/ red numbering date wheel are real head-turners..
Steinhart Ocean 39 Marine Black(172of200)(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » June 13th 2021, 3:47pm

I've been wearing my Undone watch with Snoopy in the ACES spacesuit for weeks now. Really getting a strong tan line on my wrist.

I can't compete with the other watches on these threads; I mean, damn, you guys wear actual real watches.

I would like to step up my game but I really haven't found a more expensive watch that really calls to me. Well, that Sinn of Conjurer's is pretty sweet and there's some Glashutte I wouldn't kick out of the bed. And while the snowflake may be out of reach, that Seiko 'baby snowflake' is probably at the top of the wishlist.

But, I do need to make another lumber purchase to finish off the termite damage in my garage. How that garage is still standing is beyond me. I'm not halfway done and have replaced so many studs it is downright scary.

This thread reminds me of a song:
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 13th 2021, 4:07pm

^^^^ The watch hobby is not a competition - particularly here and at BDWF. The only watches we hold in disdain are the ones from the golden age of TV crap, and even those with TV watches are free to display them here - and a lot of them turn out to be very nice in the long run. Whether your watch is forty bucks or forty thousand, this stuff is supposed to be fun. Always post your watches, man - I for one wanna see all kinds, and I'd wager the rest of us feel the exact same way.

The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe

Return to “On the Wrist Today”