Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

WURW Monday 12.14.2020

Post by Thunder1 » December 14th 2020, 5:41am

A Credor to start my work week off..
Seiko Credor Signo GCBK 983 6s37movtmnt 40 jewels(1).JPG
For later this afternoon/evening..
Glycine GL0260 Vintage Combat Sub Vintage(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: WURW Monday 12.14.2020

Post by Nuvolari » December 14th 2020, 9:50am

Holy shit Flushes - where’d you get that awesome Shockmaster!? I’ve never actually seen that dial on another Elgin outside my dad’s 1951 “643”.

By the way, did you see where at 6 o’clock on the dial in VERY fine print it says “Swiss” (because of the A.Schild ebauche)? That always confused the crap out of me who understood Elgin to be a proud ‘Merican brand.

And that image of it on a box of Cohibas? Man, that is First Class all the way!

Way less artsy, but here’s an image of mine with non-lume dauphine hands:

“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 14th 2020, 12:53pm

Nuvolari wrote:
December 14th 2020, 9:50am
Holy shit Flushes - where’d you get that awesome Shockmaster!? I’ve never actually seen that dial on another Elgin outside my dad’s 1951 “643”.

By the way, did you see where at 6 o’clock on the dial in VERY fine print it says “Swiss” (because of the A.Schild ebauche)? That always confused the crap out of me who understood Elgin to be a proud ‘Merican brand.

And that image of it on a box of Cohibas? Man, that is First Class all the way!
Cool you know about the A-S movement- they only used them for a couple'a these models. Mine was my grandfather's and AIR it was purchased for him as a birthday present by my grandmother in 1949. The case is gold filled and the flex bracelet is rolled gold florentined links over steel. It looks, and amazingly, runs like the day she bought it.

The red or red tipped arrow seconds hands, I believe, indicates the Shockmaster series with the A.Schild movement and gold filled cases- I believe the few they did with those movements in that series in solid 14kt. gold had blued seconds hands and were sold on various straps.

Man, do I miss my Esplandidos- I used to smuggle them back from TJ purchased at a very cool old rustic tobacco shop in Rosarito on trips for lobster dinners. I've had to give up cigars- I hate being old's guts.
Last edited by 3Flushes on December 15th 2020, 1:01pm, edited 2 times in total.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 14th 2020, 2:17pm

Shiny things

174F7F08-BB13-432D-ACAD-8C9CBA560F3A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “On the Wrist Today”