WURW Sunday 09.20.2020

Watch You Are Wearing
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

WURW Sunday 09.20.2020

Post by Thunder1 » September 20th 2020, 3:39am

Up until around noon today, a Seaview...
Hamilton Jazzmaster Seaview Day Date H3756531 H-30(1).JPG
For the 'boys-Falcon game later on, a blue dial chrono that, hopefully, brings the 'boys some much needed luck!!..
Seiko Credor Signo GCBK 983 6s37movtmnt 40 jewels(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thunder1 on September 20th 2020, 7:08am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: WURW Sunday 09.20.2020

Post by TemerityB » September 20th 2020, 2:30pm

codguy wrote:
September 20th 2020, 11:04am
Love this watch ^
So glad I grabbed that when I did - one of the last of that color, no longer in production as of 9/1. Now I see some of the few of them selling gray for more than list.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 20th 2020, 5:28pm

Had my daughters car tinted yesterday, so I took it to be washed today and then flogged it out in the sticks near the edge of town so I could take a few pictures now that I’ve removed all the model nomenclature to clean things up.
C1610C25-AC5D-47B4-9436-4CB9EB8F8A61.jpeg
6119A416-10D0-4E5A-AFFF-1295F13873DD.jpeg
FD1F44EB-D917-4D82-9A63-DF4B612CB3EB.jpeg

However, I soon sensed it was time to get the hell outta there and enjoyed a spirited drive home.

In a completely different direction, of course...

B9F8D892-9424-415C-8D82-4D25FA33C2D7.jpeg
ED0DFF9E-5BAF-4B6D-BEF3-EA03621CDCDE.jpeg
Look at that - it’s already time for a cocktail! I better get to work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 20th 2020, 8:28pm

On the way home we pulled up next to a C7 with a maga hat guy and a lady. I was driving the C5 before she goes in for upgrades again. Guy revs up and pulls away and my daughter hits me “why did you not race him!” Fuck kids... so at the next light, about a 1/2 mile away I pull up to him again and my daughter tells me to race him.

Off goes the anti traction and computer, on to competitive mode. He jumps the light which was fine although kristen was complaining until I launched the car and then it was slow down. Yes I caught him before he got far, then it was bye bye. When got to the next light he flipped me off and turned. Kristen, daredevil that she is, stopped chewing my custom leather seats and just, how fast were you going because she watched as I blew the guy and then cringed when I told her my speed. Don’t ask my speed, it well over 100.

Now, this particular C5 has more HP then a C6 Z06 which has 505hp. Normally aspirated, no turbo or supercharger. It does have headers, 3” pipes and Z06 mufflers And some other tweaks internally and the tranny is a custom job after blowing two previous stock ones. I think I just wanted to go fast today after a visit to Evergreen. Did not see the “aviator”.

Looks like the country side in Marin or Sonoma. Great Audi by the way. Have owned Audis since my first 78 fox. Carol’s s6 still sits in garage. Kris took it out yesterday for a “short“ drive to Eugene

Image Image Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 20th 2020, 11:43pm

Awesome images Koi! And life is always better when whatever you pedal is a semi-sleeper!

That S6 is a keeper - it’s a great car, but then when you add the emotional provenance - it simply can not be replaced by just another machine.

I cut my teeth on Mercedes before gravitating to a life-long Porsche-bias, but I do recall the 5000 Turbo as a kid, but it wasn’t until I saw Gruppe B rallying that I fully appreciated what a worthy rival “that company in Ingolstadt“ was creating.

Lastly - here’s two bits of worthless Audi trivia from former historian & docent at the Blackhawk Auto Museum (me):

1. The Four Rings: symbolize the four manufactures that were part of Auto Union when they merged in 1932: Horch, Wanderer, Dampf-Kraft-Wagen (DKW), & Audi;

2. August Horch lost control of the car company bearing his name to a hostile group of former partners and board members who, in 1909, sued to prevent him from using Horch as a name for his new endeavor building cars, since they held the trademark. “Horch”, in German, loosely translates to mean “hear”, so he decided to use the Latin derivative for “listen” - or “Audi”.

Clever Germans...
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 21st 2020, 8:38am

ImageImage

I keep this 200 Turbo Quattro in storage. Sometime next year it will go into the shop for an engine rebuild (leaking seals), new clutch and tranny service (5 speed germany only model) as well as a new interior and paint. Then I might make it a daily driver again.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 21st 2020, 3:32pm

koimaster wrote:
September 21st 2020, 8:38am

I keep this 200 Turbo Quattro in storage. Sometime next year it will go into the shop for an engine rebuild (leaking seals), new clutch and tranny service (5 speed germany only model) as well as a new interior and paint. Then I might make it a daily driver again.
Ah... yes, a 5 speed in a sedan, that is so hard to find in anything near the end of the century through now that wasn't front wheel-drive - bless their surcharging-but-limited-slip-diff-installing hearts.

When I read Germany-model 5 speed, I have to assume it is the 20-valve 5-cylinder turbo (1991)? If so, that's a scootin' saloon - and I believe that car will soon be having it's day in the sun.

I still think you're on the right side of the ascension, though - ideally, moving toward that sooner rather than later, before now plentiful parts and used spares go on to become "available-but-$$" :Thumbsup:

Return to “On the Wrist Today”