WURW Saturday 8/22/20

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: WURW Saturday 8/22/20

Post by Thunder1 » August 22nd 2020, 7:20am

We're getting a much needed light, but steady, rain this morning...so, for most of the day today...
Glycine GL0270 Combat Sub Vintage(2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 22nd 2020, 4:55pm

Some nice watches gentlemen.

Today is a better day. Yesterday was a good day - but not a great day.

My daughter was in a wreck yesterday but what made it a good day was that she and the other driver in a Subie wagon were not injured.
148A16E7-6921-49BE-9347-2ED347FEFE8C.jpeg
Her well-maintained super-sweet TT 3.2 Quattro with the 6sp super quick-shifting sequential DCT, heated recaro-like sports seats... now will add good spares into the used parts economy.

It was great - and it was fun,
It had grace, pace, and space -
But now it’s done...

And, since it is registered in my name - this fucking ordeal will be orchestrated by my insurance working with the Subaru driver’s insurance... Damn it.
DD7542A8-184B-4590-B3FF-6AADEE729C02.jpeg
But I’d give up all my damn cars to ensure my daughter wasn’t hurt... But I didn’t have to - I just had to give up one.

My darling loving wife commented wryly, “...now get rid of the other seven”... (she’s great, but she doesn’t get cars or watches).

Just to get out for a bit, so hit my local backroads for a lazy afternoon drive... but everything normally so beautiful is now completely smokey, grey, and gross.
9BA3A91E-4CCA-4E53-9122-82C6CBE95162.jpeg
Yeah... As George Washington had once famously proclaimed, “FOR FUCKS SAKE - this has been SUCH a shitty year!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 22nd 2020, 5:04pm

Damn, Nuvo, glad she is ok. Looks like a helluva impact!

Cars can be replaced. Just don’t ask the wife’s permission. As the car salesman who sold me my only convertible ever said, “it’s easier to get forgiveness than permission,” he was right.
"Nobody makes a turd like that and lives!"-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 22nd 2020, 5:21pm

Nuvo - I feel better about buying a Subaru all the time.

Best wishes to you and yours here in NYC. I hope it all works out well in the end.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » August 22nd 2020, 6:22pm

Sorry to see the accident. Not a fan of Subarus or their drivers. They cause weird perceptions of driver invincibility. (Even funnier are those Subaru stoner people who think they are sportscars.) I must say I prefer that Volkswagen.

Glad your daughter wasn't hurt.
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 22nd 2020, 9:48pm

:dssd:
smellody wrote:
August 22nd 2020, 6:22pm
Sorry to see the accident. Not a fan of Subarus or their drivers. They cause weird perceptions of driver invincibility. (Even funnier are those Subaru stoner people who think they are sportscars.) I must say I prefer that Volkswagen.

Glad your daughter wasn't hurt.
Thank you, Smells. The Auto Union exhibited that certain special superior design execution that enabled them to nearly get their grimy Teutonic hands on Rolls-Royce - if BMW hadn’t out smarted them. Bentley will have to do. That, and Seat. And, Lamborghini - if you like that sort of thing. And, of course, Bugatti, for the neauvo riche... And (welcome-back-Carter)Porsche....

You are an educated gentleman who is correct in understanding you are far better served by anything VAG over everything BMW - it’s a scientific fact...
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 22nd 2020, 9:49pm

TemerityB wrote:
August 22nd 2020, 5:21pm
Nuvo - I feel better about buying a Subaru all the time.

Best wishes to you and yours here in NYC. I hope it all works out well in the end.
They’re great machines! And if you spend enough time around a WRX, for example, you’ll get to be “good at head-gaskets”, too!
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 22nd 2020, 9:54pm

biglove wrote:
August 22nd 2020, 5:04pm
Damn, Nuvo, glad she is ok. Looks like a helluva impact!

Cars can be replaced. Just don’t ask the wife’s permission. As the car salesman who sold me my only convertible ever said, “it’s easier to get forgiveness than permission,” he was right.
Agree on all accounts! It’s just a “thing”, there are more things. My daughter is a really great gal!!

Yeah... years ago... When my wife told me, rather sternly, “You are NOT getting an Austin-Healey!” my only reply - right before the spring-loaded door to the garage closed behind me with a definitive’clank’, was to utter... “... ALREADY BOUGHT IT!” just before it closed!

So, yeah...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 23rd 2020, 12:23am

^^^^^ Awesome shot!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Watch You Are Wearing”