officially old

Hawkeye
Facebook ID: 0

officially old

Post by Hawkeye » August 12th 2020, 3:43pm

got the new citizens promaster skyhawk at
i cant figure out how to set it. its totally fubar gotta take it in to get it set. next watch is gonna be a simple one
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
Hawkeye

Re: officially old

Post by Hawkeye » August 12th 2020, 4:26pm

thanks i am taking into a jeweraly shop. i am frustrated enough i tried the video on citizens site too and its 430 here and it set it to 800 .. lol done heres a 20 fix it
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 12th 2020, 4:39pm

Hawk, I have one of those Victorinix Chrono Classics with about 76 complications that you have to be nuclear physicist to set properly. Trust me - there's a YouTube tutorial, and I still have to glance at it every now and again. Use the video, there's certainly no shame in it.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 12th 2020, 5:03pm

TemerityB wrote:
August 12th 2020, 4:39pm
Hawk, I have one of those Victorinix Chrono Classics with about 76 complications that you have to be nuclear physicist to set properly. Trust me - there's a YouTube tutorial, and I still have to glance at it every now and again. Use the video, there's certainly no shame in it.
i have tried i spent 2 hours with the video repeat repeat and repeating. i am spending the 20 or i can just send it back.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 12th 2020, 6:35pm

Is beautiful but hell, I can’t even use my Tissot Touch without referencing the manual every time I wear it.
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 12th 2020, 6:51pm

Okay - this is the official manual:
https://cf-store.widencdn.net/citizenw ... OBVWWOA65A

Citizen themselves refer to the Movement as U680, so that’s some thing less tedious than a video!

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/pro ... lue-angels
9521EC24-2B19-4FBD-B256-38CBF37C62B5.png
B8B86ADE-27EA-440A-8071-3DF589071AE9.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nuvolari on August 12th 2020, 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 13th 2020, 8:41am

I had one of those and decided it was just too busy as I did the Breitling Montbrilliant that got me into collecting. No use for about 80 of the readouts either.

Ive always said I will be officially old when I sell the Trans Am. Not being able to set a watch isnt even close.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 13th 2020, 9:07am

MAX wrote:
August 13th 2020, 8:41am
I had one of those and decided it was just too busy as I did the Breitling Montbrilliant that got me into collecting. No use for about 80 of the readouts either.

Ive always said I will be officially old when I sell the Trans Am. Not being able to set a watch isnt even close.
its not about a watch. i was always the person people brought stuff to fix or set. now its me taking it to someone to fix. thats why i officially old, but, notice i didnt say Elderly
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 13th 2020, 9:32am

Hawkeye wrote:
August 13th 2020, 9:07am
MAX wrote:
August 13th 2020, 8:41am

its not about a watch. i was always the person people brought stuff to fix or set. now its me taking it to someone to fix. thats why i officially old, but, notice i didnt say Elderly

Ha, yes, that I can understand as always being the go to guy myself. Kills me when I cant do something myself that I used to do. I think you are probably far from elderly.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 13th 2020, 11:56am

i went to 3 fred meyer jewelers as they sell that same watch, no joy.. went to a jared's and theyll fix it tommorrow.. no bot here

Return to “Watch You Are Wearing”