CHRISTOPHER WARD C1 MOONGLOW

koimaster
Founder

CHRISTOPHER WARD C1 MOONGLOW

Post by koimaster » June 26th 2019, 7:49pm

In 2015, when Christopher Ward first released their center-dial moonphase complication, I recall being quite impressed. A semi-uncommon complication to begin with, moonphases are rarely seen about the center of the dial, which increases their scale and puts them at the forefront of the watch. In order to achieve this unexpected task, Christopher Ward developed an in-house module that, when combined with an ETA 2836, became the JJ04 caliber. Accurate to one day per every 128 years (of continuous operation), this was quite the accomplishment for the relatively young brand, and one that was made even more pointed by the sub-$2,000 price tag.

It’s 2019, and a lot has changed since the first release of the Christopher Ward C9, now the C1 Moonphase (it got an update a few years back). The brand’s aesthetic has evolved from neo-classical to modern, and their designs have become far more unique. With the 50th anniversary of the moon landing happening later this year (July 20th), it’s the perfect time for Christopher Ward to revisit the moon, so to speak — introducing the Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow.

https://wornandwound.com/exclusive-firs ... 9BXP937Ldg

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: CHRISTOPHER WARD C1 MOONGLOW

Post by Hawk » June 27th 2019, 7:10pm

I have their first take on the idea.

Nice enough but any moonphase, I have discovered but should have known beforehand, is dependent on being kept running more or less in perpetuity. Kind of like a low-rent mechanical perpetual calendar. If you lack both a watch winder and a manservant you're fucked.

Every time I dig that mofo out there's an ordeal where I look up the moonphase on the intertubz, adjust accordingly, and it all goes to shit as soon as it runs down.

But damn, it is purty.

Return to “Christopher Ward”