Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

Post by koimaster » May 6th 2019, 11:04am

I know what you’re thinking.

Where are the waves on the dial? Where are the onion hour hand and sword minute hand that is synonymous with the Trident?

I know, because I’ve thought the same. You see, Christopher Ward does not do things by half. When they decide to remake or redo something, they really go for it. Think of the new logo; which, in reality, was a complete overhaul of their branding – but also altered the entire aesthetics of their timepieces.

So now, with the latest iteration of the Trident – their most successful model – I’m not surprised that it is more or less a complete overhaul. What remains? In reality, the counterweight on the seconds hand: a cute Trident, and the deep-stamped caseback.

For some, this is an “end of an era” – and they’re right. I’ve owned and reviewed a number of the “classic” Tridents and loved each and every one. Will the Mk3 stand in such good stead? Time will tell, but first – let’s take a look at the watch itself.

There are 3 new models in the mk3 range; the standard “Pro”, starting at £695; the GMT which starts at £895, and this one: the C60 Trident Elite 1000 Limited Edition coming in at £1250. What’s more, they are available in 38mm and 42mm sizes; for many, a much more suitable size than the previous 43mm. There’s also a 40mm version only available in black dial and bezel configuration; which I’m sure will prove to be incredibly popular.

Let’s check out the Christopher Ward C60 Trident Mk3 Elite.

https://www.watchitallabout.com/christo ... 3bf57273bb

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 6th 2019, 12:16pm

I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » May 6th 2019, 1:54pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!

Amen brother. For those who haven't seen me post it 20 times, here's a hilarious image mocking the new logo. Made by a CW forum member chap, no less.

https://i.imgur.com/AEyx91N.jpg
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » May 6th 2019, 4:37pm

Make it 40mm at half the price. I can even handle the hipster logo.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras
Rusty (Online)
Master of Time

Post by Rusty » May 6th 2019, 4:42pm

Racer-X wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!

Amen brother. For those who haven't seen me post it 20 times, here's a hilarious image mocking the new logo. Made by a CW forum member chap, no less.

https://i.imgur.com/AEyx91N.jpg

That image looks like it is from the hipster doofus hall of fame.
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » May 7th 2019, 6:03pm

I really like the look of this one, I keep coming back to it.
$1,425.00 for an SW200 instead of their in-house just doesn’t make sense to me, COSC or not.
Maybe they will make this color again in a cheaper and smaller version.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.

Return to “Christopher Ward”